• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hisense Dehumidifier- Look at what their Customer Service told me to do!

Yes, Hisense is a Chinese brand.
one should not blame the Chinese for poor quality as the fact is, they are fully capable and willing to produce any level of quality the customer is willing to pay for.

It is the importer that sets the quality level even taking into account in his profit structure the benefit of poor customer service..a service designed to convince many unsatisfied customers to just say the heck with it or some similar vernacular.

After 20 years of buying a darn dehumidifier every 2 years and paying $8 to junk them at the recycling plant here in my county, I started to look for repair videos on Youtube about how to charge them. All of them ended up getting low on the minimal charge they put in at the factory and the coils freeze over and won't take out humidity at all - or minimally.

The only problem was that they went to R410A refrigerant and the price skyrocketed. A 2lb top off bottle and hose and gauge was $200. This year, my latest dehumidifier went belly up and I lucked out and found a place to buy the 2lb bottle for $109 and another place to buy the hose/gauge, etc... All I needed was a Supco bullet piercing valve from Amazon. Got all that for around $150-$170 (hard to remember because this has been over a year's period.

BUT! I had a duplicate broken dehumidifier (same problem) waiting in the wings for a test case before I tear into the new one. Below are the pictures. It took some learning and following procedures but I got it charged up, sealed off and operating - NO FREEZING and beaucoup dehumidifying.. This place I got the bottle from also sells a 5lb bottle for $169 which I might buy if the rest of the 2lb bottle peters out before the second dehumidifier is done.......

Attachments

• IMG_4643.jpg
    IMG_4643.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4642.jpg
    IMG_4642.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 31
After 20 years of buying a darn dehumidifier every 2 years and paying $8 to junk them at the recycling plant here in my county, I started to look for repair videos on Youtube about how to charge them. All of them ended up getting low on the minimal charge they put in at the factory and the coils freeze over and won't take out humidity at all - or minimally.

The only problem was that they went to R410A refrigerant and the price skyrocketed. A 2lb top off bottle and hose and gauge was $200. This year, my latest dehumidifier went belly up and I lucked out and found a place to buy the 2lb bottle for $109 and another place to buy the hose/gauge, etc... All I needed was a Supco bullet piercing valve from Amazon. Got all that for around $150-$170 (hard to remember because this has been over a year's period.

BUT! I had a duplicate broken dehumidifier (same problem) waiting in the wings for a test case before I tear into the new one. Below are the pictures. It took some learning and following procedures but I got it charged up, sealed off and operating - NO FREEZING and beaucoup dehumidifying.. This place I got the bottle from also sells a 5lb bottle for $169 which I might buy if the rest of the 2lb bottle peters out before the second dehumidifier is done.......
These two dehumidifiers are still going strong and pulling out water like crazy. I think I've convinced myself they only charge up new dehumidified with the very smallest charge they can get away with. The same site were I got the 2lb bottle had a sale and I got a 5 lb on for almost the same price. Nope, no more new dehumidifers for me.

I'm going to remember this, too-- I'm so sick of replacing these darned things.

I've learned to buy the three year warrantee though, and tape it on the machine so I don't misplace it. That way you at least get four years from a single purchase (two and two).

One of our freezers started to go out. It was a 65 years old "Coldspot". Bout time. Wife went to Lowes. The one she liked was a Hisense. Wife stated she didn`t want anything from china. Lowes lady says the Hisense was made in Mexico. They delivered in a few hours. When we started putting meat back in the freezer, my wife found the "made in china" sticker. Too much trouble to have them return and pick it up. Lesson learned, passing it on to ya`ll.

I picked up a Hisense dehumidifier a few days ago because it was the ONLY brand I could find at Lowes. I opted to use a water hose for a continual gravitational feed, as stated in their manual. After hooking up the hose, the unit still drained into the bucket and turned off after 12 hours or so. There is nothing in the manual that says to flip a switch or similar to have it drain through the hose or anything remotely close to it.

So I call up their CS line. After speaking with 2 separate people going off of their instructions- unplug/plug in, hold for 30 sec., etc., the last person told me to tilt the unit to the right so it will drain. I restated what their manual says which is- Place on a flat even surface. They disregarded what I told them and repeated to lift one side up.

Well, this unit will stay in my garage until a name brand replaces it this weekend.
I have the same one with the same problem. I never tipped it over, but it is pretty obvious the water drains to the tank before it gets to the hose.

Garbage unit.

One of our freezers started to go out. It was a 65 years old "Coldspot". Bout time. Wife went to Lowes. The one she liked was a Hisense. Wife stated she didn`t want anything from china. Lowes lady says the Hisense was made in Mexico. They delivered in a few hours. When we started putting meat back in the freezer, my wife found the "made in china" sticker. Too much trouble to have them return and pick it up. Lesson learned, passing it on to ya`ll.
Here's a little know fact. Years ago, Walmart, K-mart etc sold appliances under the name Goldstar..... They are now LG - not Life's Good --- stands for Lucky Goldstar....

Back
Top Bottom