• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HK-made, civilian version of the MP5 is coming

73D08604-A7EF-4100-96E2-92FACBCED965.jpeg

I've been pretty pleased with my Atlantic Arms MP5K clone. I paid like $1700 for it and it has the tri-lug and paddle mag release, its great. That said HK makes GREAT guns. Look at the USPs. Been around since the early 90s and still fetch premiums. They are reliable and beautiful to look at. So even if the MP5 design is old, who cares, its worked and worked well for more badass guys than most of us are. I'm a HK fan boi though your mileage may vary.

personally i hope this causes a push down on the clone prices and i'd suspect we'll see the prices drop in the coming years. HK doesnt sell much over here anymore expect the vp9 and an actual HK mp5 would prob be their best bet in order to get back some market shares. Prices are crazy right now becuase they are new and it always happens (remember $1500 m9a3s). I suspect that once supply catches up with demand the prices go way down and then all of hte clone makers are gonna have to drop way down in order to stay competitive

MP7 came a few years ago ,military only, I heard some of those teams that practice balancing a ball on there noses got a few .it’s shoots a odd round I think it’s a 4.6

I know what the MP7 is. I’ve shot one. I’m saying I haven’t heard the unwashed masses clamoring for a civilian version.

If you go on any of the HK gun boards you will see a lot of guys with sear packs that buy the clones to beat the snot out of instead of wearing out their “ HK MP5 “ high dollar investment. Don’t blame them. Anybody here wanna pay premium price for one with god only knows tens of thousands of rounds thru it ? Nope , I’m happy with my clones. Shoot them Clean them Enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom