• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HK-made, civilian version of the MP5 is coming

Now there's no good reason for anyone to own Recoil Magazine.

LOL... that was issue #2 probably 4-5 years ago, and it cost the editor his job.

Iain Harrison (winner of the 1st season of Top Shot) came in and took over, and it would be hard to find a more pro-2A magazine. Heck, the guy moved here from the UK specifically because of UK's ridiculous gun laws.

I would never knock what someone wants in a weapon. HK makes excellent quality stuff. That being said, after playing with Zenith and a select fire MP5, if I couldnt have a select fire MP5, I'll stick with my Scorpion. That is until I get my paws on the Ldub Smg, then the scorpion will probably be re-homed.

Wasn't PSA coming out with an HK clone?

To be honest, after looking at prices on Atlantic Firearms and such, it seems like it's not a huge increase to go from a clone ($2100) to the HK ($2700).

Wasn't PSA coming out with an HK clone?

To be honest, after looking at prices on Atlantic Firearms and such, it seems like it's not a huge increase to go from a clone ($2100) to the HK ($2700).

they are but just havent gotten it down so they havent released it. i'd imagine another year or two until they release it, thats if they ever do at all. And yah its not a huge jump now and with how i believe the prices will drop in teh future it will put a big hurting on those clones.

HK94, SP89, SP5k, MP5...none of those prices have ever come down. I'd love to see these prices come down and be more affordable but I have my doubts...

yah but all of those were limited releases too, HK has said that they want to make this a regular production gun (now if they actually do this will be the real question). I just think this would be a very good chance for them to get back into the market and im hoping their executives think the same thing. cant ride on the vp9 forever.

All the people who think HK criticizers are a Poor probably aren't factoring HK is 5-10 years late on this move and now have to share the market place with Zenith, Omega, PTR (even PSA) who have kept clones at/around $1500. In terms of reliablility, don't kid yourself. HK isn't exclusive at it, Century's monkeys doing the c308/cetme have made super rely guns the last 5 years.
This will be a parallel to the AR game we saw 15 years ago with Colt vs All.
hard when there are clones for half the price too
Yep
personally i hope this causes a push down on the clone prices and i'd suspect we'll see the prices drop in the coming years. HK doesnt sell much over here anymore expect the vp9 and an actual HK mp5 would prob be their best bet in order to get back some market shares. Prices are crazy right now becuase they are new and it always happens (remember $1500 m9a3s). I suspect that once supply catches up with demand the prices go way down and then all of hte clone makers are gonna have to drop way down in order to stay competitive
Yep

Let also not forget that HK was on the brink of bankruptcy this Summer. Only workers voluntarily taking unpaid leaves kept them from going Ch 11 (or whatever the German equivalent is).

I'm thinking this might be one reason that the German government let up the thumbscrews on them exporting parts for guns like this. They have been as much a problem on the export side as our stupid import laws have been...

Back
Top Bottom