• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HK Pistols worth the extra dough?

Well, I used to be a Glock guy.....

IMG_0857.JPG

Who am I kidding - I'm obsessed with HK handguns. That picture isn't even current, I've bought and sold a few since that pic was taken. HK is a great company and has pretty much everything I could want in a handgun, despite the uninformed people on the internet (for many people, Glock has everything they want, so it comes down to individual preference). Because of German export restrictions, I'm not sold on HK civilian rifles compared to the alternatives. The Mark 23 and USP are just about my favorite guns in the world to shoot.

I have to agree with the above posts. I got the VP9 recently for under 530 dollars brand new including FFL transfer and shipping, and it is by far one of the best handguns ive ever shot. Cant speak for reliability since ive only put 200 rounds through it, but i am horrible at shooting handguns (more of an AR guy) and i managed to get less than .25" groupings of 15 rounds at 30 feet while rapid firing. And my aim is truly horrible with handguns.

WOOOOWWWW!!!
I would certainly be one impressed poster to see a few pics of that!
15 shot 1/4 inch groupings of a .355 diameter projectile at 10 yards is by far the best that I would have ever seen.
I usually can hover at about a .400-.500 five shot grouping at 7 yards with MY Tanfoglio Elite Match 38 Super on a good day.
Elite Match -10.JPG

WOOOOWWWW!!!
I would certainly be one impressed poster to see a few pics of that!
15 shot 1/4 inch groupings of a .355 diameter projectile at 10 yards is by far the best that I would have ever seen.
I usually can hover at about a .400-.500 five shot grouping at 7 yards with MY Tanfoglio Elite Match 38 Super on a good day. View attachment 1019689
LOL i didnt really measure it but most of the shots had no gaps. it was an indoor range at about 25-30 feet. It was my first time shooting it so I was really impressed.

No, H&K Pistols are NOT worth the $$$...While they are well-engineered and well-made, they are also OVERPRICED, IMHO...I've owned a USP Compact in .357 Sig & a Fullsize USP in .45 ACP--Both kinda' "Ho-Hum" Pistols in my estimation--HTH....mikey357

A while back.. like you...I had a few Glocks but really wanted to scratch the HK itch...the P30 looked so great and fit my hand like a glove. I traded into one. Did not like the trigger, the trigger reset was about 6 yards long.... had to let the trigger all the way out. I shot it...traded out of it and went right back to a Glock.

Sure the HK will impress your friends at the range... and everyone's got a Glock or two... but there is a reason everyone has a Glock or two.

The HK was a well made gun and the interchangeable grips on the P30 do give you a lot of options.

LOL i didnt really measure it but most of the shots had no gaps. it was an indoor range at about 25-30 feet. It was my first time shooting it so I was really impressed.

YEA! Rightly so!
I know I would have took pictures and posted them everywhere if I did that.
here is about my average with my CZ's and EAA at 10 yards.
this is 34 rounds each target as thats 2 mags worth from the Elite match and they were not rapid fire.
maybe next time we can get a few pics.
Elite Match -6.JPG
Elite Match -7.JPG

Back
Top Bottom