• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HK VP-9 Issues...

Ranch

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has had issues with their VP-9. Not sure where everything has gone wrong. The gun worked flawlessly and then I had FTF issues. I contacted HK and they sent me a 40 spring. I have read that, although there has not been any admission by HK, the gun was under sprung. I do reload, however, my rounds which used to work without issue before, are now not working. The rounds work in my other guns. I've had issues with factory ammo as well. I tried different magazines and eliminated that possibility. MAC - the Youtube guy made a comment that he used to carry the VP-9 until he started having reliability issues. Anyone else with any issues?
Thanks,
Ranch

I had some FTF issues where the firing pin wasn't striking deep enough to pop the cap, the same bullets fired in my Glock but not in the VP, maybe they need a longer firing pin.

I'm curious if anyone has had issues with their VP-9. Not sure where everything has gone wrong. The gun worked flawlessly and then I had FTF issues. I contacted HK and they sent me a 40 spring. I have read that, although there has not been any admission by HK, the gun was under sprung. I do reload, however, my rounds which used to work without issue before, are now not working. The rounds work in my other guns. I've had issues with factory ammo as well. I tried different magazines and eliminated that possibility. MAC - the Youtube guy made a comment that he used to carry the VP-9 until he started having reliability issues. Anyone else with any issues?
Thanks,
Ranch

Do you mean Failure To Feed or Failure To Fire? What do you mean by rounds “not working”?

I am sure it is not the same issue. I read the first 500 rounds should be 124 grain nato. Mine was sensitive on my reloads until i did that. Now no problem.

They tend to require hotter ammo than other pistols, at least for the first 500 rounds or so (they're designed/calibrated for hotter NATO 124 grain / European 9mm) - and yes, it might need the updated spring. I would switch to some factory 124 or 147 ammo (not remanufactured), switch to the updated spring, and make sure it's well lubricated. Try this for a few hundred rounds, and if your problems still don't go away, I would send it in to HK for warranty work. Their guns are as reliable (or more reliable) than any other brand, IMO, but that doesn't mean something can't have gone wrong with your pistol.

(Contrary to what you might have heard, their customer service based out of Columbus is fantastic, and they should have your pistol fixed and back to you very quickly. They have really upped their game on the customer service front from ~10+ years ago.)

Back
Top Bottom