• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hobby small electronics guy?

The plug would be a dummy element. Instead of a cable it could have a chain on it. The plug inserted open that particular circuit stopping flow to the relay. The plug would be open, as in no connections. It physically holds the pathway open. When all plugs are in, no juice to the relay coil. Any plug pulled sends juice.
When using safety relays, instead of daisy chain hot circuits such as classic e-stops, this the norm. You are correct about the old style use.

The plug would be a dummy element. Instead of a cable it could have a chain on it. The plug inserted open that particular circuit stopping flow to the relay. The plug would be open, as in no connections. It physically holds the pathway open. When all plugs are in, no juice to the relay coil. Any plug pulled sends juice.
When using safety relays, instead of daisy chain hot circuits such as classic e-stops, this the norm. You are correct about the old style use.
Gotcha, that makes sense.

1652621337647.png

JBWJr JBWJr and cskiles cskiles thank you so much! Unfortunately I am a stupid science guy and I don't understand your complex smart electrician language lol. The goal is to run off of smaller batteries to make it portable and light weight to transport around. The last show I did didn't have power (I powered my computer via Milwaukee batteries). JBWJr JBWJr I believe your design is close to what I am aiming for. What relay should I grab off amazon to run all the stuff I linked? I'm really trying to order everything today/tomorrow so I don't get screwed having to run coated aluminum cables again with padlocks this weekend at the Expo center.

Wow!! That sucks man. Have they offered to send a replacement?
We'll find out. The husband fell and broke his femur 3 months ago, so I was understanding and didn't want to be that guy. But then it was issue after issue and they don't respond to phone calls, text messages, etc and the wife is running everything now, and I believe she is overwhelmed. Like I'm understanding, and told her to take her time because her husband comes first, and not some random alarm dude on the internet, but there is a point where its ridiculous and I need something functional. I told her it was non functional last night, but I'm not holding my breath for a quick response or swift replacement, hence I am just going to build it and not rely on them.

One suggestion: I know its overkill, current wise, but you might head over to wally world or an auto store and get an spst relay with a wired socket, some rca plugs and sockets and maybe some small cable or chain to connect the plugs to your merchandise. Just make sure the sockets are normally closed (N.C.).

Yes, sir.
Ive seen these as well as audio connectors at wally world, also.
Cool so pretty much grab everyhting in my first post, that relay and I should be good to go? I am pretty much trying to copy this guy, but use RCA cables instead of speaker wires.

Back
Top Bottom