• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hog gets shot many, many times and hog doesn't like it...

This video is an extreme example of a disturbing trend I have noticed in hog hunting videos. Especially ones that show hunters in vehicles or aircraft hunting hogs in Texas. It seems that a hit anywhere on the animal is now acceptable as long as the pig goes down with basically zero concern about following up to properly finish them. Just drop them and keep on moving.

I find this extremely unethical and it gets on every hunting nerve I have.

I doubt he was really using 300 black as claimed. and Ill join the chorus, that was irresponsible to an extreme to leave it writhing on the ground. what an ahole.
I don't know a lot about the 300BO but I guarantee he wouldn't have had that issue with a .308. yes that dude doesn't set a good example for ethics

This video is an extreme example of a disturbing trend I have noticed in hog hunting videos. Especially ones that show hunters in vehicles or aircraft hunting hogs in Texas. It seems that a hit anywhere on the animal is now acceptable as long as the pig goes down with basically zero concern about following up to properly finish them. Just drop them and keep on moving.

I find this extremely unethical and it gets on every hunting nerve I have.

Oh give me a damn break! That's exactly what you do. You go out and put as many down as possible, then go back and finish the damn things off.

These hogs are not game animals. They are large rats, and they are an invasive species that is doing billions of dollars in damage every year in this country.

Of course you end an animal's suffering as soon as possible, but this is about killing an invasive species, not hunting. All this PETA nonsense is why we have invasive species destroying our natural habitats and animals all over this country.

Oh give me a damn break! That's exactly what you do. You go out and put as many down as possible, then go back and finish the damn things off.

These hogs are not game animals. They are large rats, and they are an invasive species that is doing billions of dollars in damage every year in this country.

Of course you end an animal's suffering as soon as possible, but this is about killing an invasive species, not hunting. All this PETA nonsense is why we have invasive species destroying our natural habitats and animals all over this country.

It is one of God's creatures and deserves a better death. Hogs are smarter than dogs, and doing that to a dog would end you up in jail.

It also ruins the meat to put them in that much distress before killing them.

It is one of God's creatures and deserves a better death. Hogs are smarter than dogs, and doing that to a dog would end you up in jail.

It also ruins the meat to put them in that much distress before killing them.

I don't care if you shoot every damn one and leave them for the vultures. Again wild hogs are an invasive species that do over a billion dollars in damage every year in this country. Pythons are decimating the native animal population in Florida. Non-native fish are killing are native fish in lakes and streams.

We're going to lose much of our native animal populations over this nonsense.

I guess people would feel better if he just quietly layed there and bled out like half the white tails they shoot. All that thrashing around wasn't a reflection of pain, he's pissed off and wants to fight still.

I guess people would feel better if he just quietly layed there and bled out like half the white tails they shoot. All that thrashing around wasn't a reflection of pain, he's pissed off and wants to fight still.

And if you've had a thermal up to your eye for several minutes, you are now blind in one eye until you re-adjust to the dark. And if you don't have the proper tools, like a handheld light, it's pretty dumb to walk up to a wounded animal in the dark and blind in one eye.

I'm not defending this guy. I just posted a video that shows how tough these animals can be for those who are always asking about hunting them. Then when you factor in hunting them at night (which is by far the best time), there are lots of other factors to consider. It's not just cut and dry. But either way, kill them all.

Back
Top Bottom