• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hog gets shot many, many times and hog doesn't like it...

This video is an extreme example of a disturbing trend I have noticed in hog hunting videos. Especially ones that show hunters in vehicles or aircraft hunting hogs in Texas. It seems that a hit anywhere on the animal is now acceptable as long as the pig goes down with basically zero concern about following up to properly finish them. Just drop them and keep on moving.

I find this extremely unethical and it gets on every hunting nerve I have.

Those folks in Texas aren't hunting, they are eradicating a nuisance that cost them thousands of dollars a year.

This video should have ended when they lost focus the first time and not continued with the hog thrashing around on the ground.

Is this guy a hunter or a wanna-be hunter?
My money is on the wanna-be status.
This is nothing to be proud of.
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry

It's a joke that they're putting this video up with the link to their online thermal store. Dosen't exactly make them look like they're competent with the gear or just know what they are doing in general.

Oh give me a damn break! That's exactly what you do. You go out and put as many down as possible, then go back and finish the damn things off.

These hogs are not game animals. They are large rats, and they are an invasive species that is doing billions of dollars in damage every year in this country.

Of course you end an animal's suffering as soon as possible, but this is about killing an invasive species, not hunting. All this PETA nonsense is why we have invasive species destroying our natural habitats and animals all over this country.
So, you think they fly over in a chopper, then go back and land or hover over them to finish them? Yeah, right.

I'm an avid hunter and have killed hundreds of game animals in my life. Every single time I was concerned with killing them as cleanly and quickly as possible. It didn't always work out that way, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

Also, you equating the ethics of making clean humane kills with being "PETA nonsense" is disturbing in itself. This is a standard that most of us were taught at a young age and have passed on to our own children. It is the best of the American hunting tradition and it doesn't matter what kind of animal it is.

BTW, this complete lack of concern for an animal's suffering is just the kind of ammunition PETA loves to use against ethical hunters.

I don't care if you shoot every damn one and leave them for the vultures. Again wild hogs are an invasive species that do over a billion dollars in damage every year in this country. Pythons are decimating the native animal population in Florida. Non-native fish are killing are native fish in lakes and streams.

We're going to lose much of our native animal populations over this nonsense.
So, making ethical kills is the cause of invasive species. Um, well... :wacko:

Those folks in Texas aren't hunting, they are eradicating a nuisance that cost them thousands of dollars a year.

This video should have ended when they lost focus the first time and not continued with the hog thrashing around on the ground.
The guy can't shoot worth a damn, but that's not the disturbing part of the video. It's the part where he doesn't even try to finish it for a very long time. Not being a good shot is somewhat unethical, but it is what it is. However, just standing there after the hog was down and having no thought of ending it is where this guy shows his true lack of ethics.

So, you think they fly over in a chopper, then go back and land or hover over them to finish them? Yeah, right.

I'm an avid hunter and have killed hundreds of game animals in my life. Every single time I was concerned with killing them as cleanly and quickly as possible. It didn't always work out that way, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

Also, you equating the ethics of making clean humane kills with being "PETA nonsense" is disturbing in itself. This is a standard that most of us were taught at a young age and have passed on to our own children. It is the best of the American hunting tradition and it doesn't matter what kind of animal it is.

BTW, this complete lack of concern for an animal's suffering is just the kind of ammunition PETA loves to use against ethical hunters.

Keep talking as it shows how little you know about this subject. When they do these helicopter hunts, they also have ground crews that attempt to finish off and also recover the animals if the people want them. Here is one FAQ from an outfit that does it. https://www.helibacon.com/faqs-hog-hunting/

And nice way to twist my words, but it does clearly demonstrate that you're the one with the disturbing view point. I did not say or attempt to equate that "making clean humane kills was PETA nonsense". I clearly stated that "Of course you end an animal's suffering as soon as possible," but you chose to twist my words.

But what I did say is that treating these non-native invasive species like game animals is the PETA nonsense. This is not hunting. This is depredation of a non-native species that is doing billions of dollars in damage every year.

You'd do well to learn and understand that simple fact because it's your PETA viewpoint that is allowing for the destruction of our native habitats and wildlife.

Back
Top Bottom