• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hog Hunting in NE Georgia

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
304   0
Reaction score
I could use some advice guys. Been shooting since I was knee high to a grasshopper but I've never been hunting and I'm thinking about giving it a try. I'm thinking about taking a hog because they are coincidentally made out of tasty meat (quiet convenient huh!). I live in Athens. I see there are a great many spots to hunt down in the southern part of the state but I'm wondering if there are any spots closer to the NE.

Additionally I'm an amateur. I can hit what I aim at but I've never been hunting so if there is anyone around that would care to give advice I'm all ears.

Thanks guys, I've met a few ODT'ers and they've been uniformly awesome!

see if you can join a unmanaged deer club near comer/athens. you'll get the benefit of having the club land to yourself to hog hunt for almost 8 months a year. shot these 2 from a treestand near watson mill this fall. good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_20171110_171611.jpg
    IMG_20171110_171611.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 33
Check out some of the mountain WMAs. Warwoman, Swallow Creek, Chattahoochee and Chestatee all have good numbers of hogs with Warwoman probably having the most. Most of the food plots are in poor shape due to the snow last month, but there are still plenty of Red Oak acorns on the ground in places. The colder it gets the more active hogs become. They have to feed to maintain their body temp, so the warmest hours of the day during the winter are a good time to find them on their feet. Where ever you go be prepared to do some walking.

Back
Top Bottom