• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hog Hunting

Redfish

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
27   1
Reaction score
I am a deer hunter. I am not the most experienced or serious about it. I am wanting to hog hunt for the first time. I have access to some land in SE GA, and it’s near a dog club. I want to use my AR to hunt for hogs and try it out before investing in any NV stuff. Do y’all have any tips for hunting hogs without NV? I’m assuming dawn/dusk and hunt over corn?

Check out boydog outfitters on Facebook, maker of Divine Swine hog attractant. Killed my first sow over it Thursday. Works like a charm! Also makers of deerlicious deer feed and attractant! Brings them in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is any hunting pressure in the area, then you'll have a tough time finding them during the day unless you can find a bedding area or some thick gnarly areas where they can hide. If you have a water source, that's where I'd be in the day. Baiting for them will mostly keep them nocturnal, but if you want to try baiting, then here's what you do.

Fill up a 5 gallon bucket with corn, water, can of beer, packet of yeast, and some grape kool-aid. Let is sit for about a week, until it's nasty. Go dig a four foot hole with a post digger and fill it up. If they're in the area, they will find it. The other option is to build a PVC tube with some small holes in it that corn can fit through, fill it with corn, chain it to something like a small tree, and wait for them to find it.

Or you can dig an 18” hole, through in some Divine Swine, cover it with dirt and not wait a week for it to ferment! Smells tasty too!

4d80c43f6c288c37f817bdc6c0d61c9b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom