• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hog hunting

RunsWithDeers

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
I am going on a wild boar hunt in GA near the Fort Stewart area, my question is about broadheads.

I am shoot G5 DeadMeat mechanicals am before yall take my archery card for shooting mechanicals hey have been great for me!

Anyways back to the question... will these G5 DeadMeats be okay for hunting Hog? I shoot an Eliete Kure at 28.5 draw and 70 pounds. I've never shot wild boar before and just want to make sure I can make an ethical kill.

Thanks for any input yall have!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

been shooting hogs with arrows since 1966
never used a mechanical, never will
and I don't believe Hank Parker
back when it was a 125 Bear with insert
now days 125 Muzzy 3 blade

on deer 100gr Muzzy 3 blade

That's for the feed back! I think I'm going to grab some magnus fixed blades just to be safe.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Wasp 3 blade Hammer broadheads do so much damage that I normally throw up when I get to the spot where I shot the deer or hog. Normally the area looks like a bomb went off; blood 10 ft high up in the trees, squirrels fleeing for the lives, bird falling out of sky from pure fright. Shot one hog at a quartering angle and when I got down from the tree stand and walk over to the hog; the Hammer had gutted and skinned the hog out. The two things it did not do were package the meat the haul it to my truck. The SST Boss 4 blade is excellent as well and punches way above it's weight class. Shot a Russian tank (T-62) with it in the Middle East and killed that SOB dead. Complete pass through. https://www.wasparchery.com/

A bit late to the party but I had been using mechanical broadheads for a couple of seasons and never had real good penetration on big hogs. After finding the Ashby foundation and Ranch Fairy on youtube, decided to build myself a heavy arrow set up, currently sitting at 693 grains (300 gr fixed single bevel), and WOW what a difference, even from the sound of impact, zips through them and even crack bones. Im loving this set up.

Here is how it is done in SE Georgia.

hog hunting in south georgia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom