• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hogs and the .45 ACP

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
Here's the question, Do you think that a .45 ACP will bring down a hog at 20-30 yards?

i'm not interested in a discussion of other calibers or other guns, I have plenty of each.

We have a new lease, and we have hogs, and I want to take out as many of the bustards as I can. If i walk up on a hog, is shooting it with a .45 ACP a responsible think to do in terms of getting a quick kill. I would expect to put two rounds into it. Probably be using hard cast semi-wadcutters.

I'm not "hunting" hogs with a .45 ACP.

Pour it in his belly,buzzards gotta eat.no I don’t think gonna bring him down at that distance.

A well placed shot will easily do the job but that’ll be difficult with a handgun at 20-30 yards so it may run a ways and die out of sight.

Are you trying to retrieve the pig after?

I know a .45 acp will kill a hog. I carry my 1911 while my grandson hunts with his .300 BLK. I’ve taken a shot after he gets a chance and have killed 2 Hogs at approximately 40 yards. He never misses, but if there is a group of them I’ll occasionally take a shot. The .45 drops em in their tracks. Especially handy for finishing one off. Of course shot placement is important.

Fixed that fer ya brother. :evil:
giphy (8).gif

Here's the question, Do you think that a .45 ACP will bring down a hog at 20-30 yards?

i'm not interested in a discussion of other calibers or other guns, I have plenty of each.

We have a new lease, and we have hogs, and I want to take out as many of the bustards as I can. If i walk up on a hog, is shooting it with a .45 ACP a responsible think to do in terms of getting a quick kill. I would expect to put two rounds into it. Probably be using hard cast semi-wadcutters.

I'm not "hunting" hogs with a .45 ACP.
It'll do the job.

"I want to take out as many of the bustards as I can."

A gut shot with anything will "take them out", if that is your goal.

I killed several dozen last year with a 22.

Back
Top Bottom