• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hogs over bait in Northern Zone?

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Though I haven't seen any hogs here, I do have a feeding station for deer while the season is closed. It just dawned on me that I don't know if I can kill a hog on it if I see one.

I figured asking here would be easier than trying to find it in the regs.

24/7 go get em. Make a sour mash and throw it out or some diesel corn
I don't want to actually attract them and would be happy if I never see one here, but if I do I want to kill it right away. So far I have been very lucky on this patch of land. No hogs or yotes.

I don't want to actually attract them and would be happy if I never see one here, but if I do I want to kill it right away. So far I have been very lucky on this patch of land. No hogs or yotes.
Well we if you have a nice place to hunt. I would leave it be, you get a good sounder of hogs come thru your property.Will look like a D8 came thru there

Strawberry jello mix, corn and a beer in 5 gal bucket for 3days. Best recipe yet
5 gallon bucket fill 3/4 with cracked corn , 2 packs of yeast , 5 lbs sugar,1/2 gallon of spoiled milk mix all in with hot water. Let sit out side a week depending on temps outside,2 weeks in colder months. Also cut some relief holes in bucket to vent gases.

Can also use just powdered grape jello mix

Though I haven't seen any hogs here, I do have a feeding station for deer while the season is closed. It just dawned on me that I don't know if I can kill a hog on it if I see one.

I figured asking here would be easier than trying to find it in the regs.
The advice you get on here usually comes from the ones who ain`t read the regs, either.

You can bait them in however, that will bring in more, more, more, and to just keep the sounders group in check, you must 80% of each sounder, as they can reproduce about three litters per sow per year, and those shoals can start reproducing in only 6 months after birth.

Hawgs can smell up to 7 miles away, and twenty feet below the ground surface.

Remember, these pests have no arch enemies, or predators...

so just consider what the problems are for and with hawgs being presence on your land...

Back
Top Bottom