• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holding Parents Responsible for Children's Crimes

16ADF77F-F45B-4A9F-8EC0-2DDD6A96F6F2.jpeg
Punish the kids to the full extent and the problem goes away..
Really? I worked in the Los Angeles department of probation San Fernando valley juvenile hall. If you want to figure out what is going on with the kids. Just sit in the parking lot outside juvenile hall on visiting day.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to make some observations about who and what is visiting junior and the female equivalent.
Quite honestly it is eye opening. When mom and dad look like they did in the 60’s. The whole no rules for anyone thing. It isn’t hard to figure out what is wrong with their kid.
When they show up on a Harley Davidson motorcycle and are sporting biker leathers it isn’t a great leap of imagination to know what the home life and guidance has been.
When the only people visiting are looking like grandma or grandpa. The parents are either too old to effectively parent or the parents are in jail or to busy to parent their kids.
Their is not any test or qualifications for producing a child. It is not the responsibility of the community to parent your child. Quite the contrary. If I was to scoop up a teenager who was in the act of criminal activity and apply the sort of correction that would help make them decide not to play that way. I would likely be arrested for child abuse.
Our government has been corrupted by the liberals who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions and seek to make sure that real punishment is only community service.
If you really want to do something to fix the problem, start by holding the parent accountable and make our judicial system quickly deliver a punishment that ensures that the recalcitrant has a complete understanding that our community will not accept their actions.

View attachment 1490153
Really? I worked in the Los Angeles department of probation San Fernando valley juvenile hall. If you want to figure out what is going on with the kids. Just sit in the parking lot outside juvenile hall on visiting day.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to make some observations about who and what is visiting junior and the female equivalent.
Quite honestly it is eye opening. When mom and dad look like they did in the 60’s. The whole no rules for anyone thing. It isn’t hard to figure out what is wrong with their kid.
When they show up on a Harley Davidson motorcycle and are sporting biker leathers it isn’t a great leap of imagination to know what the home life and guidance has been.
When the only people visiting are looking like grandma or grandpa. The parents are either too old to effectively parent or the parents are in jail or to busy to parent their kids.
Their is not any test or qualifications for producing a child. It is not the responsibility of the community to parent your child. Quite the contrary. If I was to scoop up a teenager who was in the act of criminal activity and apply the sort of correction that would help make them decide not to play that way. I would likely be arrested for child abuse.
Our government has been corrupted by the liberals who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions and seek to make sure that real punishment is only community service.
If you really want to do something to fix the problem, start by holding the parent accountable and make our judicial system quickly deliver a punishment that ensures that the recalcitrant has a complete understanding that our community will not accept their actions.
I ride a Harley and have 2 straight A students who have never been in trouble. I must be doing it wrong!

Without going into specifics. ....
I'm familiar with an officer involved fatal shooting of a 17 year old white male. The uniformed officer encountered the individual while responding to a report of an individual /individuals discharging firearms in the street. The officer arriving on the scene observed an older white male and a young white male as he exited his vehicle near the scene of the complaint.
The younger of the two had a semi automatic handgun in his right hand.
The officer drew his weapon and ordered the individual to drop the weapon. The individual did not comply but instead made direct eye contact with the officer, smiled slightly, and after racking the slide on the automatic raised the weapon as if to fire upon the officer. (Weapon was later determined to be a Ruger 22 )
The officer fired two rounds. ( from a wheel gun in 357 ) The white male collapsed falling backward. He was DOA. The officer who fired those 2 rounds often relives that encounter at night.
The white males parents, both College Professor's, his brother an Eagle Scout and his sister a Rhodes Scholar.

Spare the rod spoil the child.

If you discipline your child you could get arrested, but if your child is misbehaving you can be arrested?

Sounds like more revenue seeking to me.

The caning that's done in Singapore seems to be working for them.

Our judicial system doesn't appropriately punish cold blooded murders, rapist, and thieves, why are they worried about juvenile delinquents?

People supporting this stupid law are the same ones that support the stupid laws against physically disciplining your child.

We just want yo money.

Spare the rod spoil the child.

If you discipline your child you could get arrested, but if your child is misbehaving you can be arrested?

Sounds like more revenue seeking to me.

The caning that's done in Singapore seems to be working for them.

Our judicial system doesn't appropriately punish cold blooded murders, rapist, and thieves, why are they worried about juvenile delinquents?

People supporting this stupid law are the same ones that support the stupid laws against physically disciplining your child.

We just want yo money.
Recidivism=$$$
Rehabilitation=no more money

I ride a bike and wear leather..all 3 of my kids are awesome....or ALOT more sneaky than I ever was...and I was very sneaky...guess I'm doing it wrong too....

Punish the kids to the full extent and the problem goes away..
I agree the kids should be punished and I support individual responsibility however when parents are letting 13 year olds run the streets all night and don't make them go to school they should be held accountable also. Dumping them off on society to raise or punish them is irresponsible and should not be tolerated. They should have to pay a price for their incompetence, stupidity or laziness.

There are some kids that are bad regardless of how much the parents try to raise them right but there are also a lot of cases of parents letting the kids go unsupervised and undisciplined. Each case is different but if there is a pattern of a child committing crimes or truancy because the parent failed to try and prevent it, they should be taken from the house and the parent should have to reimburse the taxpayers for the cost of caring for them.

Individual responsibility also includes responsibility for the individuals you chose to bring into this world until they are an adult. Dog owners are held accountable for the actions of their pets and just as you can't abuse animals, you can keep them on a leash or in the house. In today's world I would support lowering the age of accountability (mandatory trial as an adult) to 13 years of age for felony crimes. I think we can all agree that this is a direct result of the liberal mindset that there is no need for a father figure in a household.

I agree the kids should be punished and I support individual responsibility however when parents are letting 13 year olds run the streets all night and don't make them go to school they should be held accountable also. Dumping them off on society to raise or punish them is irresponsible and should not be tolerated. They should have to pay a price for their incompetence, stupidity or laziness.

There are some kids that are bad regardless of how much the parents try to raise them right but there are also a lot of cases of parents letting the kids go unsupervised and undisciplined. Each case is different but if there is a pattern of a child committing crimes or truancy because the parent failed to try and prevent it, they should be taken from the house and the parent should have to reimburse the taxpayers for the cost of caring for them.

Individual responsibility also includes responsibility for the individuals you chose to bring into this world until they are an adult. Dog owners are held accountable for the actions of their pets and just as you can't abuse animals, you can keep them on a leash or in the house. In today's world I would support lowering the age of accountability (mandatory trial as an adult) to 13 years of age for felony crimes. I think we can all agree that this is a direct result of the liberal mindset that there is no need for a father figure in a household.

Wait a minute.

You really want to go from people getting rewarded for having illegitimate delinquent children, to punishing them?:doh:

There is a difference between discipline and abuse.:thumb: A good ass whooping works 99% of the time.

Working prisons and YDCs. Work eat, no work, no eat.:doh:

A dog owner can have their pet euthanized, sick, well, old, or young, at their discretion.:shocked:

If I'm going to pay for the crimes my child commits, then when I get through beating his ass, they can lock him up for child abuse, instead of me.:wacko:

Mostly it be dat baby's momma dat be goin' to jail or getting find, because day don't be knowing who dat baby daddy be.:tape2:

Raising teenagers starts when they start crawling as a baby, not when they are 13.:doh:

Back
Top Bottom