• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holding Parents Responsible for Children's Crimes

Stop ALL plea bargaining. Make punishment harder and longer. If the maximum punishment is 3 years in jail, then put their ass in jail for 3 years with no probation. Do away with all the good things in jail. Make their ass work for their food while in jail.

I read this today in my local paper. --->> Roy Jackson Sanders Jr. negotiated pleas of guilty on one count possession of cocaine, one count possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, one count fleeing and eluding law enforcement, and one count reckless driving. He was sentenced to 20 years probation.

20 years probation? really? I bet he learned his lesson. Put the POS in jail dammit.

Rode a Harley all my life, had Bikers and strippers stay at the house with my 2 boys and both are now grown and have 6 figure incomes.Never had to worry about them being safe,they had my brothers to watch over them. Got in trouble 1 time in middle school never a hiccup since.Watch where you point them fingers

Ok next example the father rolls in and has prison tattoos and is all dressed in gang colors. What do you think is going on with their child? Do you think that their children have received the training to succeed in normal society?
Ever watch Cesar Milan the dog whisperer? The thing he says over and over is “rules, boundaries, and limitations”.
The thing we as staff were constantly doing is enforcing and teaching the young recalcitrants what should have been taught by the parent. But what is obvious to one part of normal society is oblivious to some
Have a good friend covered in tattoos, looks just how you describe, except he’s an undercover cop. His wife is a school principal and both kids are honor students. Next!

Have a good friend covered in tattoos, looks just how you describe, except he’s an undercover cop. His wife is a school principal and both kids are honor students. Next!
You make my point for me. 2 parents from a nuclear family heavily invested in parenting and raising children conforming with the norms of society aren’t likely to have a child in the criminal Justice system.

You make my point for me. 2 parents from a nuclear family heavily invested in parenting and raising children conforming with the norms of society aren’t likely to have a child in the criminal Justice system.
Actually my comments were to the contrary, don’t judge a child’s behavior based on parents appearance.

Actually my comments were to the contrary, don’t judge a child’s behavior based on parents appearance.
The system is filled with the children of broken homes, drug users, gang members, including bikers, and the fruit doesn’t fall fat from the tree.
You are right in that it is inappropriate to judge based solely upon appearances. But when you see the same assortment of visiting their children. The children all have in common the fact that they are incarcerated for violating the law. It doesn’t take a great leap of intuition that the decision making capabilities of the parent is more than a little suspect. The categorizing or stereotyping is admittedly suspect. But when they show up dressed as a caricature of a 60’s flower child. One doesn’t have to wonder why their child has never been introduced to the concept of rules limitations or boundaries. The same with the gang bangers, druggies and bikers. If it walks like a duck....
This thread was about holding parents accountable for the actions of their children. I didn’t say that the children of all gang bangers, bikers, and drug abusers are all bad kids.
What I said was it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to get a clue about what is wrong with the kids by some basic observation and some common sense. We are aren’t talking about crystal balls, ouija boards, or tarot cards.
If the parent is a piece of crap that has issues with authority, they probably taught their children that too.

"If the parent is a piece of crap that has issues with authority, they probably taught their children that too."

If you go out of your way to dress and carry yourself like a hoodlum/ thug/ outlaw bike gang member, or whatever other type of troublemaker there is, odds are good that this is what your kids are learning from you, whether you explicitly teach it or not. Even if you verbally contradict it. The kids will see past your rhetoric (which they know you feel compelled to say for their benefit, so you can still claim to be a responsible parent) and discern the real message you're sending about your self-esteem and the level of respect vs. contempt you have for society.

Not to play "devil's advocate" or sound, dare I say it, liberal'ish, but there is another point.

There are some nice folks in North Korea that know that Kim Jung is a nut job and crazy. There are also a lot of people in North Korea that believe a lot of the institutionalized propaganda.

Similarly, there are a few somewhat intelligent kids in college that believe the lies (propaganda) spread by their liberal professors (indoctrination).

Ergo: there are some people in certain socio-economic strata that have been indoctrinated by the propaganda of their "culture". Some people actually believe that the police ("po-po") want to kill them. All their lives they've heard the lies that our country hates them and that they'll never get an even chance.

The propaganda of a culture does influence behavior (think Nazi Germany; Or the civilians that killed themselves on Okinawa at the close of WW2).

Likewise, some abused children will never feel worthy of anything good, even love. Thus they act unlovable.

If nothing else, have a bit of sympathy for the children, and pray that they'll escape the lies.

But as the ghost of Christmas Present told Ebeneezer when he revealed Ignorance (a boy) and Want (a girl)
"Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom unless the writing be erased."

Lastly, do remember that Jesus ate with "sinners and tax collectors". But since we all don't have divine inspiration or protection: always watch your six, and don't trust anybody.

Thus endeth an unintentional epistle on our society.

Back
Top Bottom