• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holosun??

I have the 503C with the Eotech-like reticle. It's only been on 22 rifles so it's not seen any hard use, but it's been solid. I did turn off the auto-adjusting feature because I shoot a lot outdoors, and I don't think it gets bright enough. But on manual, there's no problem getting it plenty bright for outdoor use.

The only real downside to this particular model, and some of the other Holosun models, is the proprietary height due to the location of the battery - small little tray that comes out the side. As such there are not a lot of lower 1/3 or absolute co-witness aftermarket mount options available. I think the mounts that come on these type of red dots are junk, and I always replace them. For the 503C, I use the SLR mount, and I just waited for a sale to pop up. http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?...tps://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/689622_.html

Also keep an eye out for sales on Holosuns. They usually pop-up at places like DVOR or Joe Bobs. I got mine for like 30% off.

I have the 503c also. I have it on my 300 blackout. So far I like it. I just wanted to get some feed back from others that have them because I haven't ran that gun as much as I would like to and thinking about getting one for one of my .233's.

503C recently installed on my M14... I'll let you know how it holds up.
SHG-E2.JPG

I got the HS515CU. Same eotech type reticle. I haven't abused mine yet, just on an AR9. From what I understand, all the small holosuns fit aimpoint micro mounts, but I haven't tested it. Primary Arms has their own holosun model with a proprietary ACSS reticle that is still similar, but better; higher cost though.

http://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-paralow-hs503g-red-dot-sight-acss-reticle-hs503g-acss
I picked up the PA model with the ACSS reticle and was blown away by how easy it was to get on target at 100 yards and keep dumping rounds into the 10 ring. I thought the Chevron was a little blobby and not perfectly even, but I can live with it. I also threw the unit down onto a concrete floor when I pulled it out of the box initially and it doesn't seem to have affected the function of the unit. I would recommend this product.

I picked up the PA model with the ACSS reticle and was blown away by how easy it was to get on target at 100 yards and keep dumping rounds into the 10 ring. I thought the Chevron was a little blobby and not perfectly even, but I can live with it. I also threw the unit down onto a concrete floor when I pulled it out of the box initially and it doesn't seem to have affected the function of the unit. I would recommend this product.
X2!!! I love mine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I got the Holosun HS510C Open Reticle sight. Running it on a bolt-down CSA receiver cover rail on a VZ58 - 7.62x39. Love the 65MOA Circle & 2MOA Center Dot.
Has zero'd very nicely and has held so far. Bright reticle even in auto-mode. Sleep mode after 10 minutes, but comes right back on with any movement to memorized configuration. Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 24
yes some of the 400 series fit the Aimpoint mounts. I've been using a couple of them on Bullseye pistol to see how they hold up. The 403B is a aimpoint H1 base.. so far the 403 I use have been solid..one is mounted on a 38 super slide... This one I added front and rear graphite tubes to for rain protection.. also ended up adding an adapter that allows me to screw on a Ultradot adjustable shade.. it really helps see the dot on bright days

holosun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom