• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home addition needed

DADI03

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
My wife and I have been talking about adding on or moving. We have come to the realization that to move would cost us a ton more in mortgage that we don't want to take on. I am aware that the addition will price my house out of the neighborhood and I'm o.k. with that. I'm looking for a contractor to help me. I would like to some of the work myself to trey to offset some of the cost if possible, I would do it all if I had the time. I've never done anything this size around my house. I'm looking for some one to either be the contractor or someone to help me get it started with the prints and city part and I'll do the contracting myself. I don't mind paying for the help to get started. We are in the Woodstock area close to Roswell.

Thanks

My wife and I have been talking about adding on or moving. We have come to the realization that to move would cost us a ton more in mortgage that we don't want to take on. I am aware that the addition will price my house out of the neighborhood and I'm o.k. with that. I'm looking for a contractor to help me. I would like to some of the work myself to trey to offset some of the cost if possible, I would do it all if I had the time. I've never done anything this size around my house. I'm looking for some one to either be the contractor or someone to help me get it started with the prints and city part and I'll do the contracting myself. I don't mind paying for the help to get started. We are in the Woodstock area close to Roswell.

Thanks
We did the same thing and decided to re-fi our house. We got a lower rate and pulled a little money out to add a bathroom and update the kitchen countertops. I have a drywall guy, plumber, and I'm an electrician of 25 years. As far as a general contractor goes, it's hard to get one of those without them wanting to do all of it.

^^^ That's what I'm worried about. I don't mind contracting it myself. My biggest problem is plans and the city, I've never dealt with them like this before. I'm in commercial construction, when I show up the prints are ready and the permits have gone through. I never see any of that.

Back
Top Bottom