• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home based FFL

As a former holder of an 07 ffl with a 02 sot, I will warn you, they will NOT approve a hobbyist as a manufacturer. You will need to have a full time business. Manufacturing is a whole different can of worms.

Don't even get me started on the SOT. And don't forget ITAR likes to hit up 07s for a $2,300 annual fee.

I recommend going 01ffl to start off with.
Were you home-based? I plan to actually have a business not as a hobby. Thank you for the advice I haven't made the decision on 07 or 01 yet but been researching both.

A guy I work with used Rocket FFL to go through the process. He really liked it... Said it clarified a lot of the gotcha's around FFL compliance that people get caught in, and also had a good section on how to deal with zoning.

https://rocketffl.com/

I've been thinking on this a bit myself, and it sounds like the $100 or so in courses might be worth it in the long haul.

I think I’m gonna go for it. I’m 21 years old about to graduate college and really enjoy this hobby. I’m gonna submit my paperwork in a few weeks for type 07 FFL and SOT. Hopefully I get it and can do some transfer for all of you. I really don’t care about the government being in my business as I don’t do anything illegal and I already have NFA items. So wish me luck! Maybe one day I’ll have a storefront!

Dang, at the tender age of 21 the only thing which enterest me was, hunting, and hunting females. :car: oh, and fast cars.

Back
Top Bottom