• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home Defense Shotgun storage ideas with small Children in the house???

Take it out every night, put it back in the safe every morning.

That's what I typically do, and I just keep it in my closet, but that's reachable in a step and a half from me. Plus I don't keep one chambered, but mine holds 8 and four in the butt stock (built in Spring loaded feature on my 590a1)

That's what I typically do, and I just keep it in my closet, but that's reachable in a step and a half from me. Plus I don't keep one chambered, but mine holds 8 and four in the butt stock (built in Spring loaded feature on my 590a1)
Our room is kinda strange as far as layout goes. Not a close closet. I am leaning towards the "Link" you sent me. I could bolt it in right near my bed.

I have been reading a lot of opinions on home defense options as far as shot guns vs AR vs Hand guns etc. Its just hard for me to give up the shotgun idea. I have a pistol beside me anyway but I feel like I need more.
I thought the same thing until I tried to clear my house one night after I heard a noise. Too hard to open doors and swing around corners with a shotgun.

So what do you use now?
Pistol with rail and light. It's also stuck to a magnet behind a curtain in my bedroom and out of sight.

9mm with 17 rounds will hopefully be enough. It is also much quieter than an sbr 223 indoors and allows me to hide it benind my back if needed. I can also tuck it into my pants or pajamas if I need both hands free.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom