• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home defense... with a twist

Ithaca Roadblocker 10 ga,

A Les Baer 1911 in .460 Rowland on her hip,
and get her an appropriate set of armor with a Kevlar helmet, NIJ level III soft body armor that wraps around her entire torso, and ceramic plates in the front and back pockets.

Oh, and she needs a Rambo knife with at least a 9 inch blade
and a saw back.( She can get some classes on how to use that from a local martial arts dojo.)

0956F75F-5395-4EBB-BE33-CF40CA0CAED5.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A5822B0-27DE-420D-ADB6-98F3DA4E7ABE.jpeg
    5A5822B0-27DE-420D-ADB6-98F3DA4E7ABE.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 71B7EB74-9A18-4564-BB7C-81DA95F734C7.jpeg
    71B7EB74-9A18-4564-BB7C-81DA95F734C7.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 21
SERIOUSLY, Though:

1-- Take her shooting, and let her try an assortment of carbines, shotguns, and pistols. Emphasizing things that are easy to use and have low recoil.
Make notes of what she likes best, and what she doesn't like, and specifically what features that bother her on those guns she doesn't like.

2-- I just saw of post here at ODT referencing some
semi automatic .32 ACP caliber steel-framed pistol that holds 15 rounds in the magazine ! That sounds like a decent home defense / off-body carry gun for an elderly person. If they can rack the slide.

3-- The Smith and Wesson shield 380 EZ really is a good gun. I rented one at a range and shot it for half an hour. I'm very impressed; it is easy to cycle the slide manually.
Has a good feel in the hand, a nice crisp trigger pool, and excellent sights.

4-- Although a handgun is portable and can be used one-handed with some practice , everybody recommends shooting a pistol 2-handed it if you have two hands available.
With that in mind, what about a carbine?
maybe a 9 mm carbine such as the Ruger?

5-- A gas operated 20 gauge shotgun isn't a bad home defense weapon.
Pumps are cheaper, and more reliable among low end guns,

but the semi autos have significantly less recoil.
I've seen some Turkish made shotguns in a compact youth model size
for around $400.
I shot skeet next to a father and son (about 9 years old) and the kid had such a shotgun that he had been using for a year, and it worked great --very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom