• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home Depot getting into guns?

most companies do this, they dont touch the stuff. its all drop ship and go.
just makes sense, put it on the site, someone orders,they make money.
check and see some of the stuff walmart sells online.....

It's probably like amazon and wal-mart does when they have the products on their website but it's shipped directly from the manufacturer/distributor

That's what I was thinking, like the Sears Market Place which allows outside distributors to sell on their web page and ability to use Sears gift cards for stuff I'd really want.

I have a Home Depot story ....

Many years ago I use to sell these little widgets to Home Depot. It was a long time ago right when I first started and they first started. It was a good account and I bent over backwards to help them. About three months into the relationship the power they are, dictated to me that I need five widgets per package, which in a small business was a tough adjustment, but to keep my account happy I did it. Fast-forward two months; they decided they needed a UPC code done to their specifications printed on everything, which of course I did, you know you're going to keep your biggest customer happy. A month into that change they decided to dictate what my cost should be to them, that they could purchase it from overseas for less than I was selling the widjets to them for. Well, that didn't work out so the Chinese packaged up their crap into Home Depot's wrapper... the last I heard they were switching to a different country import. My point is whoever is selling to Home Depot has to reduce quality and skim wherever they can . If you think the quality is the same for a DeWalt saw at Home Depot and an independent I suggest taking a closer look. Good at beating up suppliers...

Back
Top Bottom