• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home Depot shares about to plunge.......

I have pulled a motorcycle engine, split the crankcase and replaced 1st and 2nd gears successfully.

But I didn't inherit my father's carpentry gene...I can't drive a nail in straight for sugar...

I would say working on cars is more complex than doing work around the house. Systems in a house are pretty straight forward. I grew up working on cars maybe that helped.

I watched my Dad but it was more " Hold the light here so I can SEE!!! " than training. When I got my first place the DIY was on the job training and how hard can it be thinking. Screwed up a bunch but I am still alive and I have all my fingers. My 3 boys chose to learn the same way -- although I will check on their stuff to make sure it will hold weight -- mostly mine. LOL

Yep, I was a light holder too.

I have pulled a motorcycle engine, split the crankcase and replaced 1st and 2nd gears successfully.

But I didn't inherit my father's carpentry gene...I can't drive a nail in straight for sugar...
Nail guns are a blessing....lol.

It shouls say Colt and Dewalt made all men equal

millennials dont know about cars either
Sir I resemble that remark. I'm 29 so technically a millennial. I refuse to pay someone to do a job I can learn to do on my own. Especially these days with the internet there is absolutely no reason to pay someone to do most things around the house or on your car/truck.

Sir I resemble that remark. I'm 29 so technically a millennial. I refuse to pay someone to do a job I can learn to do on my own. Especially these days with the internet there is absolutely no reason to pay someone to do most things around the house or on your car/truck.

my little brother is a master mechanic/service tech with 20 years experience
He can work on my vehicle. someone that watched a couple youtube videos
on the other hand...not gonna happen

no offense. the internet is a great source for knowledge but it doesnt make
you a professional

Back
Top Bottom