• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home Ethernet network

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
Has anybody used a contractor to install a wired network at home? Any company you would recommend?
Maybe an electrician who could run the cables through the walls would be enough?

Near Canton, if it makes a difference.

If so please send me a PM. This discussion has gone off topic in less than 5 minutes ;).

If you are not a serious gamer, It is probably a waste of time to get cables run.
You should be able to get wireless service all over your house with one access point unless you have more than 3 levels and cannot place the AP somewhere on the middle level.

Thank you! I will need somebody to do it. If we do it it is going to be on three floors. Plus I really do not have the time to do it (also a nice way to say I am lazy :)).

As far as the why, it is because I like the idea of having both options. Also speed not really affected by the location, coincidentally the computers that would need high speed will be at the two "opposite ends" of the house (basement east side, second floor west side). But mainly I like having both options. Unless it is going to be outrageously expensive.

Back
Top Bottom