• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home invasion in Canada

The Ian Thompson case really shows how broken the Canadian legal system is.

Three guys trying to fire-bomb him in his house. He gets a secured pistol out, get's his secured ammo out, loads the pistol and confronts the people trying to kill him.

They run away and the police come and arrest the homeowner, based on the testimony of the people who were throwing firebombs at his house.

Man i completely agree with you, but this case is even worse. The guy literally got lucky he was able to wrestle a gun out of ONE of the THREE armed robbers and JUST shot a warning shot to scare them off.

Honestly though, did they really expect this guy to ask the robbers to standby while he calls the police then they all wait for them calmly until they arrive?

I wonder how the policymakers would react in the same situation...

Being prosecuted for defending oneself is totally ridiculous!
Canada is a great place to visit but I would NEVER want to live there.
Having lived in the UK for 5.5 years gave me a real feel for a socialized society. It sucks! Period!

My wife is from Michigan and they hate Canadians. Why I do not know. After reading this story I would imagine ignorance in the judicial system would explain a lot of that. What I see is, attempted failure to let a man keep him and his family alive, attempted not allowing a shot to be fired for self defense, failure to realize to the right of a man to save his own life and not attempting but failure to see this situation through rational eyes. Is this not the dumbest crap you've have every heard of. I now know why a lot of the people up north hate Canadians. Apparently you can only shoot a grizzly that is trying to maul you but 3 men armed to the teeth coming in your house to rob and possibly kill you is not worthy of a bullet. Dumbest **** I have ever had the opportunity to hear. Now I hate Canadians. Just the one's protecting and serving the greater portion of the province. I just can't believe they are that stupid. Unbelievable!

Back
Top Bottom