• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home invasions and active shooters

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Home invasions and active shooter incidents are on the rise. It’s not enough just to be armed, the responsible citizen should be well-trained in how to deal with these situations.

At Precision Applications, LLC we offer a 3-level course entitled Residential Room Clearing & Response To Active Shooter. Each level is two days long and taught over a weekend. Each level is a prerequisite for the next course. These are building block courses; Crawl-Walk-Run.

Level 1: The purpose of the first day of this course is to teach you to properly clear your own residence, in the event of a burglary/home invasion. I'm not advocating house clearing on your own, but if you are in one part of the home while family members are in another part, it would be a good idea to be able to safely move and link up. In addition, many of the elements of room clearing are the same as techniques used in Active Shooter Response.

The second day of this course concerns possible tactics to be used in the event that you are caught up in an Active Shooter situation.

Topics covered for this portion of the course include, but are not limited to:
-Combat Mindset
-moving down hallways and through intersections
-entering doorways
-clearing rooms
-transitioning from one room to the next
-working individually and as a team of two
-working in daylight and limited visibility/darkness
-the pros and cons of different weapon systems
-choosing and enhancing a defensive position
-If you choose to engage an Active Shooter, how to move, locate, and close with

The training is conducted through discussion, demonstration, and the students practicing repetitions of different scenarios,

Level 2 works these same principals, except using Force-On-Force. During FOF training, students use provided Simunitions training guns (“fancy paintball”) and are involved in scenarios where the role players are live people, also armed where appropriate. Out of the three levels, this is the level where you will obtain the best training and feedback.

Level 3 is live-fire in a shoothouse, again working on the same principals, except now you can use your own weapons with live ammunition in a variety of scenarios.

Each course is limited to 12 students and that are already folks enrolled in each one.

Upcoming training dates and locations for these courses are:
Level 1: July 27-28, Powder Springs GA, $400

Level 2: Aug 24-25, Powder Springs GA, $500

Level 1: Sept 14-15, Powder Springs GA, $400

Level 2: Oct 26-27, Powder Springs GA, $500

Level 3: Dec 7-8, Blakely GA, $800 (only 4 slots left)

10% discount off the total cost if you sign up for 2 or more classes simultaneously, or couples sign up for a course together.

You only have to take one each of the Level 1 and Level 2 courses. I set up dates for two of each so that folks would have a better chance of finding a date that worked for them.

The Instructors for the Level 1 and 2 courses will be Rob Sheppard and Jeff Edwards. Instructor bios can be found on our website Precision Applications, LLC.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Semper Fi!

Folks these some great classes on the fundamentals for clearing and doing the necessary to protect your home and loved ones. Don't miss out on the chance. I have taken level 1 and 2 multiple times and will be doing the same this year as well. If you are only taking one set of training courses, these should be the ones you choose. You learn something new every single time and the experience you get helps overcome tunnel vision and allows you to focus more on everything that is happening. For those of who think you won't get tunnel vision and miss stuff, you are just plain wrong and won't know until you try it in a force on force scenario. Just my 2 cents.

Home invaders at my place?

BE946A87-4508-4B09-B77D-55FD27C43F81.jpeg
00B55758-4EA7-4C00-9CC6-975F888039A0.jpeg
D5F38682-8AA7-4FAB-96D4-A2ABCDB93295.jpeg

An above ground sandbagged fighting position in my den. A case of M67 hand grenades. A belt fed fifty-cal on on a tripod.
And Claymore mines.

I'm ready.

(J/K)

Back
Top Bottom