• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home Security Cameras

Just installed a Lorex system made by Flir.... it's not monitored but does all you would need. I'm happy with it and looking to add more camera's soon !

I have an Arlo camera setup. Fixing to put the hub and wifi on a backup battery. So far it's ok. Can't see how it get better but I'm sure there probably are better options. All but a few cheap Guns are in a safe. It would take at least 2-3 people a dolly and a good bit of effort to get it out. Can't see it going into a truck or car though. It's Fricking heavy. I keep $250 Guns in both cars incase I forget to saddle up. Take pictures of Serial numbers of everything you own.

I really like the SimpliSafe system as well, and have one of their cameras, but it's probably overkill if you just want video monitoring.

For perimeter (outdoors) I'd check out Ring as well. They have a motion activated LED flood now that is perfect for back yards and such.

I've also heard good things about the Arlo units, but make sure you get the new ones, not the 1st gen.

Like Woodman, I installed the Lorax system by Flir. Four cameras, wireless tx/rx to main unit. Cameras just have to be mounted near 120v outlet/power. Can be viewed remotely on android devices, including event selection/replay. I'm very happy with it. Got it for around $400.

As someone said earlier, night owl is great. I have a 16 Channel system in my office. It's works exactly like it should and I can watch live and replay from my phone. It's really easy to set up, which is a huge bonus.

If you have a modern desktop computer, Blue Iris software hands down. Roll your own IP camera's or use IP Webcam on old smartphones if indoors. The IP Webcam software isn't great at video because it's basically streaming still images, but with Blue Iris it is great at motion detection.

Blue Iris rocks and works with damn near everything.

I dont know security cameras but I saw this deal on amazon. Thought it might interest someone...

Zmodo 1080p 8CH HDMI NVR System with (8) 1.0 Megapixel Wireless Surveillance IP Network Security Cameras with 500GB HDD IR Night Vision, Motion Detetion and Remote Playback https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IT8LXS2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_MHd-ybF49QR71

This is what I have. I thought my wife was going to kill me by the time she got it up and running. If you look at the reviews, the comments are very positive, except for the initial installation. The directions are vague at best, and no rep support. All you have to have is 120 volt AC. I have one that is a little over 100' from the modem.

Back
Top Bottom