• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homegrown fried mushrooms and backstrap poppers

E8C60D20-F7C4-4BDF-B6A4-9A9EB566222A.jpeg

So we go find sweetgum trees from 4-6 inches. The one in that guys video was a little to large and dense for growing mushrooms. It would probably take a year or more for that to produce.
We buy hard wood sawdust and we have a die on a drill that allows me to drill a certain depth (about 1/2") the we pack another spring loaded die with the spore and smack them in the holes and wax it up, waxing the end of log is not a good idea imo.
Mushrooms may grow in other logs but there is something about sweet gum that make the fungi grow most efficient.

So we go find sweetgum trees from 4-6 inches. The one in that guys video was a little to large and dense for growing mushrooms. It would probably take a year or more for that to produce.
We buy hard wood sawdust and we have a die on a drill that allows me to drill a certain depth (about 1/2") the we pack another spring loaded die with the spore and smack them in the holes and wax it up, waxing the end of log is not a good idea imo.
Mushrooms may grow in other logs but there is something about sweet gum that make the fungi grow most efficient.
Thanks, I am going to have to try this. If nothing else it will get rid of some sweet gums.

Back
Top Bottom