• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homemade wall-mounted shotgun lock

Fishhooks

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
50   0
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Stevens 320 12 gauge to complement my handguns for home defense. I don't have a long gun safe and wanted to find a way to secure it from the kids and deter from theft, while still keeping it readily accessible. I didn't find anything I liked commercially made, so decided to build something myself.

Using a masterlock fence lock I found at Lowe's for $10 and a few 1"x4" cut boards, this is what I came up with. It has six 3.5" screws anchored into studs and is pretty damn solid. It won't prevent against a very determined thief with some time I guess, but certainly keeps it safe from the kids will stand up against a smash and grab. I used a combination padlock so I don't have to worry about always having the key on me.

I'm thinking that this concept could also be used on a multitude of long guns if you mounted it close to the floor or anchored in a board underneath the butt stock. And even if you have a long gun safe, this could be a method for securing a firearm in a different location in the house.

I just thought I would share in case someone else found this information useful. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3340.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 49
I like it. Nothing is thief proof. I just saw a video of someone cutting a gun safe open. Given enough time and capability, someone can beat any system. Your's meets the standard for due diligence. I like it and have an idea where in my house I can use it. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom