• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda Accord V-6

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
Anyone have or have had an Accord V6 ? Or an Accura with the same engine. I’m looking for a sportier midsize sedan that has decent acceleration but also has good reliability. I’ll be buying a used one and plan to keep long term. Are there other reliable sporty sedans you recommend? I’m nervous about the new crop of 4 cylinder turbos - as I wonder about the longevity of those high revvin’ turbos?

Any other recommendations ?

get a v6 hyundai. i have had a couple of their genesis models both v6 and got great performance and mileage.
alot of great creature comforts too.
hyundai hired alot of mercedes and bmw engineers a while back to redesign their cars for them and improve quality and comfort.

Been driving an ‘08 Accord v6 for 5 and a half years with zero complaints. It’s not a racecar, but has noticeably more pickup than my wife’s 4 cylinder CR-V. I bought from a woman whose mom had just passed away and only drove the car to church and the store a few times a week. Still only about 85k miles on it after 5 years of me beating on it. I’ll be driving it for 5 more years because new trucks are too expensive!

If you go newer on the 4 cylinder you can get almost as much power and less weight. The 4 is not a speed demon but is boringly reliable., Mine has 403,000 miles on it

I bought a 2017 for the wife. Last year model for the v 6. She put 250000 on a 2005 model still running strong and used absolutely no oil when I sold it. Hard to believe what blue book said it was worth

I don't like direct injection engines. If I was looking, I'd be sure to get one before they changed over.
If you are going to buy one, I would at least smell the oil.

Back
Top Bottom