• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda Africa Twin motorbike help

giphy.gif

Do the 80's Africa Twin 650's use the same 650 engine as the CB650 and Nighthawk 650's from the 80's?

If so, the internal engine parts are near impossible to find.

I have an '85 NH650 that needs a new set of rod bearings for one of the pistons (severe piston slap). Been sitting disassembled on my bench for over a year while I've been looking...

Does't help that Darrell on walking dead rode a converted one and the local props department seems to have bought up all the local parts bikes...

Totally hijacking your thread here but people reading this might have a lead on a Honda NT700V. I've been looking for one for about 6 months now. Drug my feet and missed on a deal on 2 that I found last September. It's a long shot but just throwing that out.

I'd like to get into a shaft driven sport tourer. The African's look really cool but just don't think I'd like it for more than about 20 miles of road riding and I don't have anywhere I could ride more than a handful of miles "off road"

Test drove one and sold my BMW 800 Adventure. ......

Do the 80's Africa Twin 650's use the same 650 engine as the CB650 and Nighthawk 650's from the 80's?

If so, the internal engine parts are near impossible to find.

I have an '85 NH650 that needs a new set of rod bearings for one of the pistons (severe piston slap). Been sitting disassembled on my bench for over a year while I've been looking...

Does't help that Darrell on walking dead rode a converted one and the local props department seems to have bought up all the local parts bikes...
No, I think it's a single-cylinder that was also used in the NX650. Still not a lot of parts, though...
ETA: Looks like the NX650 was sold in europe through 2003, so perhaps a few more parts.

Back
Top Bottom