• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda ridgeline

I've been driving one daily for the last 4 years or so. They are more SUV-with-a-bed than a real truck, but the 4 wheel drive works well in snow and ice, and they drive a lot better than a real pickup does. They are also smaller than say an F150, which helps with parking and city driving, although the turning radius is pretty large.

The old ones had kind of funky styling, but I honestly like it. The new ones look just like any other small pickup. The engine has more oommf than I expected, and it can be reasonably quick and handles pretty well for a 'pickup'.

The main reason I bought a Ridgeline instead of a Tundra was the way Honda built all the various storage areas into it. The under-bed 'trunk' is something every pickup should have, since it means you don't have to leave stuff out ion the open in the cab. It also has a large console, and a great storage system under the rear seats, besides the usual stuff like map pockets and a decent glovebox.

It's been very reliable so far (knock on wood), with just wear items and a battery needing replacement. You will have to replace the timing belt somewhere between 60-100K, depending on how you use the truck. Other than the, they seem to be pretty easy to care for.

Drove one. Mixed feelings in it.
A2F57294-17F5-4D47-91DD-BFC9A4BB2EF6.jpeg
96B8030F-494F-4A4C-95C3-9CA8B04AFDE6.jpeg

My neighbor across the street is a big car guy and when he developed a problem with his knee, he couldn't shift with a clutch anymore.

He absolutely loves his. He has had one before and has told me all about the typical problems and how to fix them.

Given any car or truck on the road, he likes the ridgeline.

Ill ptob buy it. Test drive was good. Sale price was good, they lost the sale on trade in. Guess I’ll have to sell my truck to do it.

Bought a used 08 in 10 with 55K miles. I was working for a wilderness therapy group in Rabun County. I needed a vehicle that could carry 4 staff and all their gear as well as rock crawl some of the goat tracks to get where the kids were camped. Also had to haul supplies for the various groups, run the roads to look for runaway kids, and do pick up runs to airports and doctors. Never let me down. Still have the truck, and yes it has the funky body style. Have had no major problems besides normal maintenance and we are approaching 200,000 miles. The dual opening tailgate is a real help.

Back
Top Bottom