• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda ridgeline

Thanks. I didnt think you could yet the new ones without the hitch. You do need to pay for the awd to get 5k towing otherwise your limited to 3.5k. I sold my trailer and do not see a need for one in the foreseeable future. I was looking for comfort with the occasional run to home depot. Looks are meh, but in typical JDG fashion, I will make a few changes. Already going full led’s, blacking out the chrome, etc. certainly wont go as far as I did with the 2500.

This one is pretty simple on the inside, im sure itll be a very dependably vechile for long time.
Heck on looks! Ridgeline isn't supposed to look like a 'regular' truck IMO. I bought an Avalanche when they first hit the lot and they had the hideous cladding. Thought it was ugly then, still do (grown on me a little I guess) but I still have it, haven't had a single issue of note with it and the cladding has actually served a real purpose (I use it for hunting so it goes through brush fairly regularly). 18 years and still trucking and serving it's purpose VERY well.
I quit worrying about form over function when I started losing my hair long ago. :lol:

That mirrored my experience with the '08. I didn't mind the looks, I saw it as an import Avalanche...

Throw a larger set of tires on there, like Nitto Ridgegrapplers or something chunky, and that thing will go way more offroad than most people would expect. The AWD system is very capable...
The new chevies with the old style sports bar reminds me of the first gen ridgeline.
2018-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-RST-OffRoad-Concept-007-e1538086292798.jpg

Not planning on a/ts for it. Keeping more honest with myself and just going to do touring tires if I do rims.

Heck on looks! Ridgeline isn't supposed to look like a 'regular' truck IMO. I bought an Avalanche when they first hit the lot and they had the hideous cladding. Thought it was ugly then, still do (grown on me a little I guess) but I still have it, haven't had a single issue of note with it and the cladding has actually served a real purpose (I use it for hunting so it goes through brush fairly regularly). 18 years and still trucking and serving it's purpose VERY well.
I quit worrying about form over function when I started losing my hair long ago. :lol:
Hair is overrated anyways. I still to this day do not like the avalanche looks. Never did it for me and still doesnt.

Hair is overrated anyways. I still to this day do not like the avalanche looks. Never did it for me and still doesnt.
The midgate (and side storage) got me over it (and the ride, I have a Z66. It's really pretty amazing on the road.) as at the time I was doing some camping/hunting and you can sleep inside the thing. I have needed 4wd a few times though. My next truck I'm using a sawzall and installing a midgate. :cool:

The new chevies with the old style sports bar reminds me of the first gen ridgeline.
2018-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-RST-OffRoad-Concept-007-e1538086292798.jpg

Not planning on a/ts for it. Keeping more honest with myself and just going to do touring tires if I do rims.

I love the new body styles on the Chevies... I had a 2016 Colorado Z71 with a small lift kit and bigger tires, and recently moved to a 2018 Silverado Z71 with a small lift and bigger tires... Only regret is not waiting for the 2019 Trail Boss. Hell of a cool truck.

The midgate (and side storage) got me over it (and the ride, I have a Z66. It's really pretty amazing on the road.) as at the time I was doing some camping/hunting and you can sleep inside the thing. I have needed 4wd a few times though. My next truck I'm using a sawzall and installing a midgate. :cool:
A lot of these trucks are starting to do fancy tailgates. Look at the new chevy 3 layer tailgaite. Could be useful for you.

I love the new body styles on the Chevies... I had a 2016 Colorado Z71 with a small lift kit and bigger tires, and recently moved to a 2018 Silverado Z71 with a small lift and bigger tires... Only regret is not waiting for the 2019 Trail Boss. Hell of a cool truck.
Ive seen ine or two around work already. They did some pretty nice design features with that, it does look good.

Didnt know about that. Thats pretty sweet. Would be awesome camping too.
Exactly. That was the whole point behind the thing. Chevy did a TERRIBLE job of marketing it. I'm still shocked at people who say "I had no idea you could do that" when they see it. :doh: It was THE reason I got it. And I"m guessing the reason 99% of buyers did. Otherwise, just get a traditional long bed.

Exactly. That was the whole point behind the thing. Chevy did a TERRIBLE job of marketing it. I'm still shocked at people who say "I had no idea you could do that" when they see it. :doh: It was THE reason I got it. And I"m guessing the reason 99% of buyers did. Otherwise, just get a traditional long bed.
I can see that. The videoni saw, i was like this is way to much work, but then he dropped the gate and all the room opened up. A modern version of that would be awesome. Would prob of been easy to do on the ridgeline as well due to the unibody construction. Maybe gen 3

Back
Top Bottom