• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honey do list just got longer...380 or 9?

Which Caliber

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 9mm

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
I noticed it must have a safety as well. That is also added difficulty to operate on a small micro pistol (especially under stress). Many times, i think manual safeties are anything but safe when a firearm is needed. But thats just my lil opinion. Best of luck on your search.

Is she gonna carry? Does it need to be micro? Glock 19 or similar size guns are more user friendly (especially newbies). Micro pistols are more snappy and generally harder to manipulate for people new to shooting or weak wristed, etc. Often, girls want the "cute lil pistol"...until they shoot it.
I agree with this 100%! Get her the biggest gun she can comfortably carry. So many new women shooters gravitate toward the tiny guns and it discourages them with recoil and when they compare their shooting to men shooting full size guns. My wife chose a shield when she started shooting but has since switched to a G19 and is able to run it sooo much more smoothly. The slide is much easier to manipulate on larger guns and the weight means less recoil. Plus a longer sight radius. The model really is personal preference (especially if you need a safety). I am curious why you say she needs a safety though. Is this what the instructor said? No reason a woman can't shoot a 9mm in a big enough frame. She's carrying on her person and she's wears tight clothes a .380 might be the better option but if she's starting out don't go too small

Sorry, i should have added She has no interest as of yet to carry. It's for home defense
Then even more reason to not even consider a micro pistol. Go full size! For all the added benefits. Cuz we all know regardless of what some say...size does matter with some things!

Sorry, i should have added She has no interest as of yet to carry. It's for home defense
Oh get her a full size 9mm. But I would start her out on a .22 until she is feeling confident if she's not already a shooter. Focus on good technique first then find the right gun. The biggest mistake you can make is scare her or develop bad habits

Back
Top Bottom