• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honey do list just got longer...380 or 9?

Which Caliber

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 9mm

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
She picked out a Tsurus pt 809 and we got a laser (even though she doesnt need it) yesterday from Gwinnett Pawn at the show. It is New, she can operate everything and it has everything she wanted..win-win. I took the list and we walked around and tried every one of them. She was giggling when she filled out the paperwork. Happy wife = happy life!
Thanks Gwinnett Pawn for the deal!

Thanks everyone. The suggestions were a great help!

She picked out a Tsurus pt 809 and we got a laser (even though she doesnt need it) yesterday from Gwinnett Pawn at the show. It is New, she can operate everything and it has everything she wanted..win-win. I took the list and we walked around and tried every one of them. She was giggling when she filled out the paperwork. Happy wife = happy life!

Glad she found what she wanted. Even more glad she is interested in shooting. I wish I could get my wife interested in it lol. I bought her the pretty aqua blue pistol that she wanted over a year ago. Guess who is the only person to shoot it.

Glad she found something that fits her and she likes.
Just be aware that the entire 800 series is discontinued by Taurus and if any problems it can't /won't be replaced with a like weapon.
Plus IF you can find any magazines better pick them up as soon as possible they are Unicorns and usually very expensive when you do find them..
Enjoy.

Glad she found something that fits her and she likes.
Just be aware that the entire 800 series is discontinued by Taurus and if any problems it can't /won't be replaced with a like weapon.
Plus IF you can find any magazines better pick them up as soon as possible they are Unicorns and usually very expensive when you do find them..
Enjoy.

Funny you mention magazines. I looked for some for over an hour yesterday. Five minutes after logging in today two popped up and I snagged them for her.

I think you are on the right track. My wife said she liked her little 38, but would rarely go the range with it. I know it didn't sit right in my hand, so it beat the crap out of me. SOooo, I took her to Academy to handle as many different models and try the trigger pull. This seemed to be important to her and disqualified some of the smaller Rugers. She selected several models, then we went to a range to try them all. She did not like the 9mm models, because she didn't like the kick and did not control them as well as the 380 models. She loved the P238 and that is what we got. I also got the extended mag, because she liked the longer grip. She's pretty good with the thing and I like it too. I sometimes carry it when concealibility is more difficult for the bigger guns.

She insists on a safety.....I'm hoping after the class she'll be more open to suggestions.

This is a SliderLock trigger that adds a manual safety to a Glock. I put one on my wife's Glock 26 (pictured) and her Glock 43, because I feel this is safer if it is in a purse. Simple to push the button left with trigger finger to unlock.

Sliderlock.jpg

This is a SliderLock trigger that adds a manual safety to a Glock. I put one on my wife's Glock 26 (pictured) and her Glock 43, because I feel this is safer if it is in a purse. Simple to push the button left with trigger finger to unlock.

View attachment 1080645
I don't think I would recommend that especially to a newer shooter. It forces you to put your finger on the trigger to release the safety?!! That doesn't sound like it makes anything safer.. if you need an external safety then a glock is not for you. This is creating a problem where there isn't one..

Back
Top Bottom