• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

hooche below Lanier Dam to Roswell

We would get some decent ones in the deeper holes. Slow the retrieve down and let the spoon sink. We tried different colors but always went back to the silver Little Cleo. Some days you lose half a dozen due to snags. Some days you lose none but you only have to carry one type. A couple of years ago I snagged on some fishing line. I was able to put my feet down and walk over. The line was attached to a brand new Bass Pro ultra light rod and reel. I got that and the kicker was that there was a trout on the end of it's line. The float tube allowed you to stop in areas and make multiple casts.

subscribed.
I haven't been for awhile, but usually will put in at McGinnis Ferry and head downstream.
Been upstream once when the water was released (about 1/2 mi from McGinnis there are a bunch of rocks that I can't get through unless they release water). Pretty land up there. Didn't have much success fishing w/the fast current.

Once had an idiot guide come past us at full throttle close to McGinnis, almost swamped us while we were fishing. When we got back to the ramp, my fishing buddy had a few words with him. He apologized.

Never thought a "professional" would get so close at such a high rate of speed. If it ever happens again, I will be calling the DNR as I video it. Pro's should know better.

Back
Top Bottom