• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hooked on salt

BHJ

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
37   0
Reaction score
Whats not to love about fishng? I Have been ruined by a buddy with an offshore boat. Trips to the lake and river just dont do it for me like they used to. Now I'm addicted to the ocean, saving cash for fuel to drive for 6 hours down go for a 3 hour boat ride, fish hard, 3 hour boat ride back in work my donkey off cleaning gear and drive 6 hours home. I love it :)

anybody else?

I have the same problem. My brother and father are AVID bass fisherman. I liked it too, when I was younger and BEFORE I had been saltwater fishing. To me there is nothing like it. Saltwater fishing lacks the finesse needed to be a good bass fisherman, but I could care less. I love power fishing anyways and never knowing what your going to land makes it much more exciting to me.

I got the same problem. Buddy down in Savannah has the boat, and when he calls, I dont have to think twice about packin up and drivin 3 1/2 hours down to fish. Its bad enough that my dream is to find a job down by the coast and get my own boat!

Amen. I believe salt water is good for the soul, mind and body. I make 3-4 trips to the coast a month to surf and pier fish (weather permitting) and hope to one day soon own a small flats boat. Even considering selling my bass boat. Something about the salt is just addicting.

Amen. I believe salt water is good for the soul, mind and body. I make 3-4 trips to the coast a month to surf and pier fish (weather permitting) and hope to one day soon own a small flats boat. Even considering selling my bass boat. Something about the salt is just addicting

I absolutely love salt water fishing, couldn’t tell you the last time I fresh water fished, maybe last year when I trout fished the Madison in Montana. I salt water fish the bay at Cape San Blas, whenever I’m at my place there and flats fish Steinhatchee Florida, when we spend the week at that property. You can not get saltwater out of your blood. Lol

Back
Top Bottom