• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hope you cryptoers got out

Disrespectful? :pound:

I've never seen anyone more rude to the general public than a Boomer or Gen X.

Projecting much?

I have nothing against old farts in general. Can't learn enough from most of them. But most of the ones here ain't Jeff Cooper or John Farnam.

I only like to troll the ones that think that because they lived to an old age during the one of the easiest times to stay alive in human history, that they have the endowed wisdom of their predecessors.

I didn't use commas to interject conflicting thoughts this time as much. Hope this helps.

And just pointing out that generations always repeat themselves. The old mock the young in new pursuits that have ended up succeeding. This one might not, but the fat lady ain't sung yet.

And the young mocks the old for being archaic and inherently negative.

"Nothing new under the Sun"

Personally I don't even have any skin in the game, but it's funny to see those that don't like it for reasons of ignorance or distrust crap on it simply for those reasons and feel vindicated when the pendulum swings their way once in a while.
Yep, disrespectful and probably didn’t grow up around here unless it was Atlanta? False confident noise. GLWT.

Yep, disrespectful and probably didn’t grow up around here unless it was Atlanta? False confident noise. GLWT.

I don't know if anyone told you this, but disagreeing with someone isn't disrespectful. Furthermore, you took offense to a generalized statement I made. If you're that sensitive, this site may not be for you.......

Take a step off your high horse, swallow some of that pride (June ended already), and stick to your day-job or fixed income because being a psychic ain't gonna work out for you.

P.S. NOW I'm being disrespectful. And no, simply living long in this day and age does not automatically qualify you for additional respect.

I don't know if anyone told you this, but disagreeing with someone isn't disrespectful. Furthermore, you took offense to a generalized statement I made. If you're that sensitive, this site may not be for you.......

Take a step off your high horse, swallow some of that pride (June ended already), and stick to your day-job or fixed income because being a psychic ain't gonna work out for you.
Disagreement, nor its polite expression are disrespectful. Beginning a post categorizing people as old farts and attempting to ascribe beliefs and opinions to them that they may or may not hold is not polite disagreemeNT. It is pompous and an attempt to bully, reminiscent of political tactics on the left end of the spectrum. If what You believe is correct and you have strength in your convictions you can state that without being insulting and while others might disagree with your opinion they will respect your person and appreciate your attitude towards others. There are some of us that feel we know a thing or two because we have seen a thing or two. You may be smarter than all of us, I am yet to be convinced of that, time will tell.

FB_IMG_1650941909831.jpg

Crypto has always given me the heebie jeebies. I just can't see gov allowing an actual currency that they don't control or doesn't go through their bank buddies. With that in mind I just don't see the long term appeal. I do see it as a great way for the powers that be to reduce the currency in circulation. Get people to invest into it and then destroy it and poof currency in circulation reduced. I don't know. It would be great to have a currency not controlled by gov I just don't see it happening. As soon as it becomes inconvenient I think they will destroy digital wallets and force all transactions through the current banking system. Just not something I can invest in. Lots of people made money on paper with it though. I wonder how many sold at height and turned it into actual returns.

Good lord, all the stuff said on here and "Old Fart" stirs up the mob?

I believe y'all like using the term "snowflake" for similar reactions.....

You guys and the Left are two sides of the same coin.

Reactions: MBC
Crypto has always given me the heebie jeebies. I just can't see gov allowing an actual currency that they don't control or doesn't go through their bank buddies. With that in mind I just don't see the long term appeal. I do see it as a great way for the powers that be to reduce the currency in circulation. Get people to invest into it and then destroy it and poof currency in circulation reduced. I don't know. It would be great to have a currency not controlled by gov I just don't see it happening. As soon as it becomes inconvenient I think they will destroy digital wallets and force all transactions through the current banking system. Just not something I can invest in. Lots of people made money on paper with it though. I wonder how many sold at height and turned it into actual returns.
I see your point, but the US Banks have regulatory approval to deal in Crypto and I believe they are spending **** tons of money lobbying the politicians to allow the banks to regulate it. Once the details of the plans, revenue streams, kickbacks and regulatory fines are worked out, Crypto will be mainstream. And with it, we will see a 80% reduction in work force of traditional banking.

I see your point, but the US Banks have regulatory approval to deal in Crypto and I believe they are spending **** tons of money lobbying the politicians to allow the banks to regulate it. Once the details of the plans, revenue streams, kickbacks and regulatory fines are worked out, Crypto will be mainstream. And with it, we will see a 80% reduction in work force of traditional banking.
Do you believe the Federal Reserve will tolerate multiple digital currency platforms in this scenario? Which of the 9900 plus will they choose? What happens to the remaining platforms? since this would constitute by default if this were to replace currency the methods of payment by which wages and contracts are paid, would a par value be established that would then not fluctuate so that minimum wage laws would not have to be rewritten? Would capital gains on account expenditures continue? would people be objectionable to there being no method of conducting a transacation that could not be tracked?
at some point I am convinced that all currency will be digital, just not sure bit coins or others will play a part. I am also convinced it will not be a good thing.

I've always felt safer in the stock market for my investments. Seems easier to research and make an informed decision as opposed to taking a guess which crypto will be any good.

I only invest in dividend stocks, so even in a bear market, I can still enjoy watching my shares grow with DRIP.

Back
Top Bottom