• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hornady's new ELD, ELD-X

the_great_white

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
122   0
Reaction score
anyone used any of it yet? What'd you think? I haven't had an opportunity myself. Just curious if others have.

Our plastic melted. Make new plastic. Don't retrofit old plastic in old bullet. Make new plastic in "new" bullet 5 bucks more expensive. Good move.

im with twitch, its a racket. a $olution to a problem that doesent exi$t, that you cant lock stock prove/disprove unless you have a giant doppler.

all the data ive heard so far has been from people with direct businesss relationships with hornady, so we shall see.

they didnt release a 6mm which for the life of me i do not understand. i know ALOT of people that buy 6mm proj by the multiple thousands and this bullet ----IF---- the bcs proved to be credible would be on the top of the list if offered in 6mm more so by a good margin than 6.5s.

the whole thing kinda goes against hornadys business model, a great product at a reasonable price.

The Amax's are going to be phased out per Hornady. I have heard that some people are achieving better accuracy with the ELD and some are not. I shot them at 1025 yards and they did not shoot as good as my 139GR scenars.

As more ELD bullets are produced in different calibers and weights I was told by Hornady the Amax would eventually be phased out completely. Makes since, why tie up machines making the same kind of bullet and if the ELD proves to be what they say it is why not sale the better product.

As more ELD bullets are produced in different calibers and weights I was told by Hornady the Amax would eventually be phased out completely. Makes since, why tie up machines making the same kind of bullet and if the ELD proves to be what they say it is why not sale the better product.

Back
Top Bottom