• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

horns

ddennis

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
Who else can't wait for deer season...I need to bag a big one so I can make a pot of that horn soup all the trophy guys are making with them horns... :fencing::bolt::bolt:

I let a few little ones, and lots of does, walk this year because I was waiting for him (below). During the rut when he grunted it sounded almost like an old truck starting up. Very deep and guttural. I'm pretty sure he survived January.

IMG_5555.PNG

FYI: The joke is my tree stand is in the big tree to the right rear. But I was working that day, so I'm not too distressed.

horn
hôrn/
noun
plural noun: horns
  1. 1.
    a hard permanent outgrowth, often curved and pointed, found in pairs on the heads of cattle, sheep, goats, giraffes, etc., and consisting of a core of bone encased in keratinized skin.
  2. 2.
    the substance of which horns are composed.
    "powdered rhino horn"
verb
3rd person present: horns
  1. 1.
    (of an animal) butt or gore with the horns.

I let a few little ones, and lots of does, walk this year because I was waiting for him (below). During the rut when he grunted it sounded almost like an old truck starting up. Very deep and guttural. I'm pretty sure he survived January.

View attachment 1535269

FYI: The joke is my tree stand is in the big tree to the right rear. But I was working that day, so I'm not too distressed.
That's a very nice buck.Give me a holler and i'll help you find him.lol

Back
Top Bottom