• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Horse traded myself into a DPMS Oracle

Lineman73

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
0   0
Reaction score
After finding a DPMS Oracle on sale for $599 yesterday, I gathered some trading stuff and commenced to haggling today!! The end result was I walked away with the Oracle for $125, out the door. :rockon:

When I got home, I placed a set of high Millett rings on the picatinny rail and installed my trusted old (bought in 1988) Bushnell 1.75-5 x 20 Trophy in the rings!! The rifle came with one 30 round Magpul magazine, but with a rebate promotion, I get 4 more Intrafuse 30 rounders and a cleaning kit. Up front, on the gas block rail, I installed an NC Star Zombie Strike green laser with a pressure switch on a 45 degree picatinny mount. :cool2:

better picture
View attachment 249835

Will send range report after I sight in the scope. So far, I like what I see. No, I'm not super snooty. I do not need a $2500 AR. All I ask of this DPMS rifle is that it shoots reliability and accurately enough to inflict some damage on the coyote population where I hunt and maybe whack a deer or two using Winchester's Razorback XT 64 grain loads. :whoo::whoo:

If it can handle that, this fat old Georgia boy will be quite happy!! :nod:

NSA please tell BATFE that I have this. Just want to make sure that I'm legal!!
:pound::pound::pound:

UPDATE...range report: Well, my old faithful Bushnell Trophy still works great. I believe this is the 5th rifle this little scope has been on. It only took 6 rounds to sight in the new rifle. After sighted in, I put 10 Winchester 64 grain Razorbacks into a hole you could cover with a dime! No failures to feed, fire, extract or eject.

I plan on installing an ALG ACT trigger to improve the pull quality and reset. This trigger is just an improved mil-spec trigger, not a match trigger. They are manufactured and sold by Bill Geissele's wife!! Reviews are excellent.

This rifle does all that I ask of an AR type rifle. THIS MAY BE A KEEPER!!

Last edited:
Excellent! I have a couple and I absolutely love them. They do the same thing my Colt, Bushmaster and Core15's do. They are just as accurate and just as reliable and just as fun to shoot. I have an LR 308 with a 24 inch stainless barrel and with Federal Sierra Matchking 168 gr. ammo it will put 5 shots through the same hole @ 100 yards. Every single time you shoot it. It's funny the most accurate rifle I have and have ever owned is a DPMS.

Back
Top Bottom