Hostage rescue shot with a 12ga

cmshoot

Default rank 5000+ posts
Staff member
172   0
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds really good until a bit of distance is added. The longest shot in my house is 18 yards. Birdshot is going to be a piss-poor deterrent at that range...or 15 yards...or 10 yards for that matter. Birdshot might be somewhat effective at boxing ring distances, if you can convince the bad guys to stay close enough...

……and because birdshot has worked in a few isolated instances does not prove it’s reliability. 00 buck and slugs are proven performers.

Folks have been killed with sharpened spoons, but don’t see anyone recommending those for self-defense.

payneed

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Paynefree is NOT a ninja assassin see the diff.?
161   0
Reaction score
Folks have been killed with sharpened spoons, but don’t see anyone recommending those for self-defense.

Bro. Do you even John Wick? :boink:
:)
John-wick-suit-pencil.jpg

Wheeler

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
No, but...Unless he was picking his NOSE with his Thumb, I'd say it worked just fine, wherever it was! :)
Sorry Mikey,

That was a reference to a thread that became a complete waste of time and electrons due to one person’s insistence that the thumb position in a video was worth tons of bluster. I was just beating a dead horse for my own amusement.

Glad to see you’re feeling mo bettah’. :)

mikey357

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
752   1
Reaction score
Sorry Mikey,

That was a reference to a thread that became a complete waste of time and electrons due to one person’s insistence that the thumb position in a video was worth tons of bluster. I was just beating a dead horse for my own amusement.

Glad to see you’re feeling mo bettah’. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I do remember that DUMPSTER FIRE of a Thread... :)

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
185   0
Reaction score
Damn good shot with a scatter gun. I need some of that ammo....cause a 12 gauge says a lot very quickly. Kudos to the officer. On a side note, am I the only one who's curious as to the "mess?"

1   0
Reaction score

One incident is hardly empirical, but the coed in the video is shot at close range with birdshot. She walked away, called 911, and stated that she thought she had been shot.

A cop buddy tells a story of an incident he worked in which a criminal was shot with birdshot. He died, but it wasn't from the pellets. The wadding got stuck in his trachea, and he choked to death minutes later.

Top Bottom