Hot peppers.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Heres the Bolivian rainbows.
I'm waiting on the habaneros and reapers to mature.

Yeah I got them online and decided to give them a try,
They were an extra gift from some peach habanero and reaper seeds I bought.

They look like Christmas tree bulbs and make great gifts.

They are hot little chilies and taste great too.
They flower Purple then purple
Peppers turn white then gray then yellow then orange and you pick them once they turn red.
They get an inch long tops
And only takes a couple of them to fire up a pot of deer chili.

Thanks man.
I've given away a few of them to family Members and friends.

They make extra special gifts for that special lady.
My buddy's wife reeeeally loved the one I gave to him to give to her......they're really Cute and will bush out nicely if you groom them.

Those are definitely unique. How hot are they compared to a habanero?

A habanero will kick its behind.
I would compare the heat of these to a cayenne but with a less bitter taste.
If you
Like hot peppers as I do and you're familiar with orange or red habaneros then get yourself some peach habaneros which are in my opinion the best tasting hot peppers out there.

I've got several plants going and would be glad to do a hand off of a few to show you what I'm talking about.

I also have some Carolina reapers budding which are supposed to assassinate the heat of the habanero and even the bhut jalopia ghost pepper.
It's the hottest pepper on the planet and should be a cool novelty of anything but I'm gonna try a sliver in a few meals and see how they do.
If they're too hot which I know they will be I will pick them a bit prematurely and use them that way.
I've heard they taste incredibly fruity but will hurt you bad especially if you're not accustomed to handling hot peppers.
I gotta admit...I'm not one of those guys that can sit down and eat at a hot pepper contest.....I just enjoy cooking and love me a bit of fire in my al gratin potatoes and other dishes.
I'm gonna dehydrate a lot of my peppers this year and make some shake seasoning.

I still have bags and bags of frozen cayennes from last year......those cayenne plants produce healthily once they mature.

I ordered some lady bugs online because the aphids are
Going wild on a couple of my plants.

As you Can tell....this has been a really fun hobby to get into.

Back
Top Bottom