• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hot peppers.

Yeah, I'm not a pepper contest guy either. I like to enjoy what I'm eating. I got the one-upmanship out of my system 25 years ago. I use a lot of habaneros and cayenne in stews and beans. I'll have to give the peach ones a try. Looks like you're having a blast. If you have enough, I'll take a bottle of your dry spice mix or peppers. Just let me know what I owe you.

A habanero will kick its behind.
I would compare the heat of these to a cayenne but with a less bitter taste.
If you
Like hot peppers as I do and you're familiar with orange or red habaneros then get yourself some peach habaneros which are in my opinion the best tasting hot peppers out there.

I've got several plants going and would be glad to do a hand off of a few to show you what I'm talking about.

I also have some Carolina reapers budding which are supposed to assassinate the heat of the habanero and even the bhut jalopia ghost pepper.
It's the hottest pepper on the planet and should be a cool novelty of anything but I'm gonna try a sliver in a few meals and see how they do.
If they're too hot which I know they will be I will pick them a bit prematurely and use them that way.
I've heard they taste incredibly fruity but will hurt you bad especially if you're not accustomed to handling hot peppers.
I gotta admit...I'm not one of those guys that can sit down and eat at a hot pepper contest.....I just enjoy cooking and love me a bit of fire in my al gratin potatoes and other dishes.
I'm gonna dehydrate a lot of my peppers this year and make some shake seasoning.

I still have bags and bags of frozen cayennes from last year......those cayenne plants produce healthily once they mature.

I ordered some lady bugs online because the aphids are
Going wild on a couple of my plants.

As you Can tell....this has been a really fun hobby to get into.

I eat the **** out of hot peppers. Had two Carolina reapers a while back. I will not be doing that again. Initially they weren't so bad, hot but nothing I couldn't handle. 6 hours later they hit me while I was laying on the couch. I thought I was having a heart attack. I ended up naked curled up in a ball in the bottom of my shower with cold water unable to move while I **** and vomited on myself. Bad joo joo for sure.

Had some ghost pepper salsa the other day and it was a lot more tame than I expected. It was not homemade so I suspect it was somewhat neutered. Still, it had me sweating and was quite tasty. I will have my own pepper garden one of these days!

Wife and I didn't plant a garden this year. But hell, we still have a freezer full of peppers from last year. Darned things produce a lot of peppers if you just keep them watered.

Next year we will have to try the Carolinas. You guys have me interested in them now.

I eat the **** out of hot peppers. Had two Carolina reapers a while back. I will not be doing that again. Initially they weren't so bad, hot but nothing I couldn't handle. 6 hours later they hit me while I was laying on the couch. I thought I was having a heart attack. I ended up naked curled up in a ball in the bottom of my shower with cold water unable to move while I **** and vomited on myself. Bad joo joo for sure.

Dayam dude!
That's scary stuff there so thanks for the warning.
Yeah after watching a lot
Of those vids on YouTube I definitely convinced myself to start small.....very small.

With the habanero at 250,000+ on the Scoville heat scale
And the reaper at 1.5 million it's definitely not something to take lightly.

14117889_10205090616823610_6389145002766337713_n.jpg
NWSharpshooter NWSharpshooter

A habanero will kick its behind.
I would compare the heat of these to a cayenne but with a less bitter taste.
If you
Like hot peppers as I do and you're familiar with orange or red habaneros then get yourself some peach habaneros which are in my opinion the best tasting hot peppers out there.

I've got several plants going and would be glad to do a hand off of a few to show you what I'm talking about.

I also have some Carolina reapers budding which are supposed to assassinate the heat of the habanero and even the bhut jalopia ghost pepper.
It's the hottest pepper on the planet and should be a cool novelty of anything but I'm gonna try a sliver in a few meals and see how they do.
If they're too hot which I know they will be I will pick them a bit prematurely and use them that way.
I've heard they taste incredibly fruity but will hurt you bad especially if you're not accustomed to handling hot peppers.
I gotta admit...I'm not one of those guys that can sit down and eat at a hot pepper contest.....I just enjoy cooking and love me a bit of fire in my al gratin potatoes and other dishes.
I'm gonna dehydrate a lot of my peppers this year and make some shake seasoning.

I still have bags and bags of frozen cayennes from last year......those cayenne plants produce healthily once they mature.

I ordered some lady bugs online because the aphids are
Going wild on a couple of my plants.

As you Can tell....this has been a really fun hobby to get into.
If you're talking about the reapers from Pucker Butt Pepper Company then beware, those jokers are demons! Evil little demons that look painful, evoke spirits from hell in your gullet and no amount of soothing aloe wet wipes will dull their final goodbye. Wear gloves. Yes, wear gloves.

Back
Top Bottom