• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House flooding and guns...`

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Came home Saturday night after work and opened front door to a flooded house. Well, not the whole house, just the kitchen, gun room/pantry and part of the living room.

The guns are in safe w/ dehumidifier rods and I added two full packs of O2 absorbers (20 or so individual absorbers per pack). Vacuumed up all the water I could Saturday night. Have the AC units on 65* and rented an industrial dehumidifier this morning.

Anything else y'all recommend to do to protect my guns? I have no where to take them until the room dries out, so hoping for the best.

ETA: water did not get into the safe. It is up off the floor (I don't like leaning over :) ).

Sorry to hear all that trouble man. Praying

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I know far more people have it worse off, but right now it seems like it'll never end. No insurance, they dropped me insisting that I needed a roof, after paying them every month for 23 years. So, no money for pull up the carpet, fix the sub flooring, and kitchen cabinets. But, I am still blessed to have a job and a roof over my head.

Back
Top Bottom