• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House hit by lightning

PM me if I can help - I am a property adjuster and can answer any questions you have. If your adjuster is experienced and knows what he is doing, should go smoothly. Unfortunately, lots of companies cant get and keep good people so there are lots out there that are new and don't know the laws or the policies...

My driveway was hit , Wednesday fried my tv. Good luck I guess I got away cheap. My tv burnt because of Xfinity connection to the tv.

Update:

The physical damage to the garage, electrical wiring and fixture damage has been repaired. Tankless hot water heater replaced. Two of four PCs repaired. Routers and hubs replaced. I've crimped dozens of replacement ethernet cables.

Comment from my alarm system installer as he examined the burnt power supply for the system: "How did your house not catch fire?"

Telco had to come back out and rewire the drop to our house; the underground wire pair in use appears to have been damaged and deteriorated after the router was repaired.

My truck is still at the mechanic, waiting for a VIN-programmed ECU. The wife's SUV ran for about a week with a bunch of trouble lights illuminated, and then died (no start). Pretty sure the ECU is fried.

In one case, a small surge protector in the garage did its job perfectly: It was dead, but the Milwaukee M12 charger and a Panasonic phone plugged into it survived.

One nuisance is gaming stuff: PS5 and gaming computer video card can't be replaced due to out of stock everywhere.

Insurance company (Auto Owners) has been excellent.

Good when the insurance company stands behind you the way it should.

We have Auto Owners. Haven't had a claim in nearly a decade, but when we did in the past, they were great.
I have been with Auto Owners for 20 yrs....MY house in 2006 flooded from broken pipe ....They were more than generous when I made a claim

I have been with Auto Owners for 20 yrs....MY house in 2006 flooded from broken pipe ....They were more than generous when I made a claim
My parents were with auto owners for 35 years . Then had two claims for minor car accidents and got cancelled .

so you should be sniffing around for another insurance company . They cash you checks in a hurry but if you cost them a nickel you gonna get cancelled and blacklisted.

My parents were with auto owners for 35 years . Then had two claims for minor car accidents and got cancelled .

so you should be sniffing around for another insurance company . They cash you checks in a hurry but if you cost them a nickel you gonna get cancelled and blacklisted.

Had claims with them in 2010 (dishwasher leak that destroyed a wood floor) and 2012 (water main pipe, 30,000 gallons of water in basement). They paid the claims generously and quickly.

This is our first claim in nine years. Asked the adjuster about being perceived as high risk. He said three claims in a year will get you enhanced scrutiny.

Back
Top Bottom