• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

House passes spending bill that includes selling milsurp 1911s through CMP

Probably so.......and $1000 for a refinished, mixed parts, re-arsenal-ed pistol is already more than I would pay. No worries, I expect the demand to be through the roof with many willing paying way more than the true value without even batting an eye.

I'm passing at $1,000. I was able to get a nice 1944 Colt for $900 off Gunbroker and a nice 1917 Colt here on ODT for $850. They would have better luck if they priced them like Garands, Rack grades $520, Field Grades $630 and Service grades $730. The rarer ones like US&S auction only.

I'm passing at $1,000. I was able to get a nice 1944 Colt for $900 off Gunbroker and a nice 1917 Colt here on ODT for $850. They would have better luck if they priced them like Garands, Rack grades $520, Field Grades $630 and Service grades $730. The rarer ones like US&S auction only.
Yep.....A rack grade pistol that has been back to the arsenal for a refinish, parts replacements, reissue is nothing more than a shooter grade 1911 to collector and as such valued at $800 or so right now.

However, I do think the CMP has correctly estimated the coming frenzy of an over zealous crowd who will line up and gladly pay $1000 for a rack grade gun that will diminish in value the instant they walk across the parking lot with it. Can't blame them for that. If I was sitting on a pile of them and people wanted to get into a feeding frenzy and pay more than the current value I wouldn't stop them either.

AND....I remember that WW I Colt you snagged! That was quite a good day for you! Just goes to prove good things do come to those who wait. :thumb:

See my earlier post on being disappointed with the condition

They're (probably) all park'd

IMG_4533.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom