• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Houston to end no knock police search warrants

Fatal_Bert

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
They/them forklift certified
179   0
Reaction score
After Houston narcotics officer lied to obtain a no knock warrant, they murdered a couple and their dog, and 5 police officers were shot in the process, the chief is now saying he will end the practice.

Hopefully others will follow before more bloodshed over the ridiculous fear that a little dope might be flushed down the toilet if they knock first.

https://abc13.com/hpd-to-end-no-knock-warrants-after-deadly-raid-police-chief/5144649/

How hard is it to wait for someone to be out of their house before arresting them? You don't even have to waste human resources surveiling them. Just a discrete camera (after getting a warrant) to monitor comings-and-goings, to get their pattern down.

The bar for no-knock warrants should be astronomically high. The judge, D.A., and police chief should be knowingly putting their careers on the line before a no-knock warrant is green lighted.

The bar for no-knock warrants should be astronomically high. The judge, D.A., and police chief should be knowingly putting their careers on the line before a no-knock warrant is green lighted.
Agreed. Imminent danger to society and national security (terrorism). Other than that, tail their car and grab them when they hop out to grab a sackful at Krystals...

In most cases, almost all of them in my experience, warrants with a "No Knock" provision are way too hazardous to everybody involved to execute by unannounced forced entry or even announcing and forcing entry.

I have been on more than one "No Knock" when the decision was made to surround and call out. Every single one resulted in a peaceful arrest.

About the only "No Knock" forced entry I would be willing to execute would be to effect a hostage rescue where the hostage holder had expressed his intent to kill hostages if his unreasonable demands weren't met by a defined deadline. Other than that.....nope.

Yeah, I've got no problem at all with them doing a no knock on someone who already has a warrant for their arrest and is known to be dangerous.

That's not really even a no knock warrant thats just going in and arresting a fugitive. Where I have a problem is someone laying in bed, who has no current warrants for their arrest being invaded in the middle of the night and expected not to defend himself. It's an insane practice.

After Houston narcotics officer lied to obtain a no knock warrant, they murdered a couple and their dog, and 5 police officers were shot in the process, the chief is now saying he will end the practice.

Hopefully others will follow before more bloodshed over the ridiculous fear that a little dope might be flushed down the toilet if they knock first.

https://abc13.com/hpd-to-end-no-knock-warrants-after-deadly-raid-police-chief/5144649/
We have to keep shedding blood for them to come to these conclusions unfortunately. Theirs and ours

I can't think of a single case where a warrant has to be served like this. It's lazy police work and a chance to use some of the cool toys they get from the gov't.

The odds are pretty good that these folks will have to come out of their house at some point. You can take them down then without shooting up a house full of innocent bystanders.

Back
Top Bottom