• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How accurate is your 22 rifle??

Oddly, my most accurate 22 is a plain-Jane Savage Mark II F with a 4x scope. Half inch at 50 yards with Mini-mags. I was so excited with its accuracy that I went and bought a Savage FVSR and put much better glass on it. It never shot as good as the base model so I sold it. It also outshoots the Volquartsen 10/22 I bought several years ago. Go figure.

Bang for the bucks CZ 22s are about the best. Straight out of the box with slight trigger adjustments they are very capable of shooting sub MOA at 100 yards. Some people claim the CZ 452 is more accurate than the 455 but they are talking 3/4" groups to 1/2" groups. If you want to get that last bit out of your 455 look at the CZ/BRNO thread on rimfirecentral.

I really need to find out what my 6" KIDD bull bbl SBR can do at 100yards. I suck for having not done that yet, suppressed and unsuppressed.

I have an old M1969 .22 bolt action rifle that will shoot extremely accurately out to 50 yards. I haven't gone any further with it because I only have iron sights. BTW, if anyone knows anything about putting a scope on an M1969, I'm all ears, lol.

I have a cz452 in a manners stock that will do under 1 moa and a Remington 40x that outshoots it. The cz still needs a little trigger work and I think it would be a little better.

CCI Mini Mag HP @ 25yds with a Winchester model 67 that's about 70-75 years old, I could barely even see the penny because I had wedged it into the bark on a pine tree. Took almost an hour to find the damn thing after shooting it. Lol!
IMG_3970.JPG

The other side.
IMG_3971.JPG

^ never thought of shooting pennies. That may be fun, just hot glue a couple bucks worth standing on a 2x4 and fire away. It'd be cheaper than paper targets!

Back
Top Bottom