• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How did anyone manage to hunt before camo guns? Small rant.

More than once I have read an ad here became interested clicked on it and found the gun covered in some kind of camo paint either pro or DIY. I know people hunted successfully with out it.So it must just be the fashion. I really miss guns that are beautiful things to look at. Steel and wood put together by gunsmiths who were craftsmen not just mechanics. You see ads for firearms finishing and blueing is not a listed option. Checkering is gone too. Spray on finish, color fill and stippling.
I did see the carving ad posted good for him.
Polymer guns and camo covered rifle are tools I guess (I carry a LCR), but there is no reason to eschew traditional aesthetics. I guess the times they are a changing.

Rant over.

Good comments... I like the look of the pro camo guns (on AR type guns anyway) but I do love a nice wood and steel piece of art. I just picked up a beautiful Marlin 336 and I would NEVER camo over that wood.

Oh, and if I drop it in the woods I can still find it :)

One thing that always get me laughing is when you see the seriously overweight Keyboard Commando hunters that always talk about how they are real hunters.....They have there .308 with a huge 12-42 power mildot scope and they are wearing head to toe Military Desert BDU's.....and then they struggle to get up in their box stand and close the door behind them......Its like seriously?!?!? You dont need camo if you going to be completely enclosed....You dont need that huge scope for your 200 yard shot....If your going to wear camo, fine, but atleast wear camo that works with where you hunt. Your desert BDU's make you stand out like a sore thumb in the woods of green and darkbrown....I guess some guys are just trying to live out some childhood fantasies.....

Back
Top Bottom