• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do food trucks work?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
225   0
Reaction score
I run a gun club in Macon and we're hosting the National High School Rodeo Association's Light Rifle Matches in June of this year.

I will have 350 - 400 people onsite most of the day on a single day of matches to determine the 20-25 finalists, who will then compete the next day for the championship.

Last year, I was asked to have a food truck onsite but time didn't allow for me to contract for that and this year, the event organizer has asked me for some recommendations for having a truck there for one day. I've never contracted a truck but I expect they'd have a minimum sales amount they'd require and that some sort of retainer be paid in case of low sales. Anybody have any experience with this?

I could cook (we have the equipment to do this) but damn. Last year the temperature on the last day climbed to 106 degrees F. Thank God we had relatively low humidity, only about 60% or so. We still had a couple of heat casualties so this year I'll have water misters and cooling fans under overhead covers for the older folks.

All I can say is: Have a backup plan. Years ago, I hired a food truck to cater an event in Louisville, and the guy rolled up nearly 90 minutes late. I had a couple hundred hangry people on my hands. And I had called the guy's references to be sure he was reputable and reliable.

We had food trucks at church for an event and I wasn't a fan. While the food was good it was expensive and slow. They really are not in the speed business as most seem to cook on an as ordered basis. If your event will take breaks at the same time and everyone hit the food trucks then a portion will be late to the next event or not get food.

I have seen them at school carnivals.i would guess they would need a guarantee.chic fil a does one I know.i also think nuway also has one.
i would think setting up a snack bar with drinks,candy and chips with possibilities of grilled hot dogs and burgers with a condiment table for them to roll there on.

Back
Top Bottom